IE9: 2.35 Million Downloads on Day One

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
I also wonder how many uninstalls there were on day one..

Don't get me wrong, I really like IE9.

At the moment however, a few web-based services I use here don't work with IE9, so I've uninstalled for the time being.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I wonder how many of these 2.35 Million downloads are actually still in use. If you're like me, you download it just to have it, but still prefer other browsers.

excidium

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
People still use IE?
Ive run Win7 since it came out and haven't even launched IE8. One of the first things I did was delete the icon from the taskbar.

davewolfgang

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]I wonder how many of these 2.35 Million downloads are actually still in use. If you're like me, you download it just to have it, but still prefer other browsers.[/citation]

Bingo. I only use IE if it's for a website that just won't work with FF. (Some of the Utilities here have them.)

Flameout

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
[citation][nom]davewolfgang[/nom]Bingo. I only use IE if it's for a website that just won't work with FF. (Some of the Utilities here have them.)[/citation]
that's like me, only replace the websites with games/drivers and browsers with operating systems

zinabas

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I downloaded it and can't say I enjoy it.

Call me crazy but somethings fishy is going on with it as well. I ran FF after I decided I didn't want IE anymore and it crashed on the first start, which is the first time in about 3 months that's happened. Hasn't done it since and I haven't used IE since either.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
My only real complaints with IE so far are that I don't really like the interface or the font smoothing that apparently can't be turned off. And the font smoothing has affected other applications.

Those 2.35 millions are people that don't use Windows update? Because if we keep that Windows update download and install those "new updates" when are availables, here aren't something new, just MS trying to show numbers.

dimamu15

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
lol yes, 2.35 downloaded, ~2.0 installed, ~1.0 will continues be using.
I did download it on all my machines (4), only left one on my main, just in case. What can I say, Firefox is addicting.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
lol thank you DjEaZy. I used Win7 Exclusively for like a year then switched back to FF. Now I run Chrome and I see no point yet in changing. I have had since installing 0000000 crashes. The same cannot be said for neither FF or IE. Go Go Google

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
I don't personally use Firefox because it is so much slower than Chrome (and now IE9). Really, the only time I boot up Firefox is when I need a youtube video. It has a great add-on for that called DownloadHelper.

After I found that IE9 was faster than Chrome, which used to be my default, I started using it more. I have had to use compatibility mode on a few pages (like Tom's) but so far am loving the thing.

I feel like MS is on a roll here. I have a Samsung Focus running WP7 and love it to death, I have Windows 7 Pro x64 for my Desktop and love it, I have an Xbox 360 and love it, and now I love IE9. Microsoft has done a LOT of things right in the last few years across its entire spectrum of products.

And yes, I have gotten an RROD and have had issues with Win7. That does not outweigh the benefit I have gotten from both products and at the end of the day, that's what matters.

IDK lately I've been having FF lock up constantly. It seems all tabs / windows share the same engine and if one tab is lagging it out (due to a misbehaving webad or some such) then everything lags out until that the misbehavior stops.

What FF should do is have the ability to launch each window as its own process complete with its own plugin container. It'll eat up more memory but that is getting cheaper by the day and would fix many of the issue's at hand.

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
I saw all the comments so far and nothing was mention about the girl pic. I guess more people are interested in browers then the hot IE girl.

RobinPanties

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
I agree, I personally installed ie9 on about 5-6 computers yesterday... mostly because, multiple people use them, and some of those people refuse to or just don't know enough about firefox to click the icon, so, I wanted to make sure they at least had the most recent and most secure version... and then, on my own PC for the same reasons mentioned, for sites that don't work with firefox... which, these days, for me is mostly just windowsupdate_com

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
This tells all those people who say "IE is only used because it comes with Windows" to STFU.

Not bundled anymore, still massively popular, people like it, use it and are sick of listening to fat sweaty dweebs bleating on about Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.