trojankabayo6

Reputable
Dec 4, 2017
I've been looking for good iems for fps games. I commonly see people recommending blon bl03, tin t2, kz zs10 pro, kz zsn. Which in the ones i mentioned should i buy? you guys can recommend other iems too if its within my budget range. My budget is around 40usd currently

D

Deleted member 362816

While I don't think IEMs are going to be "good" for FPS games out of those listed the Tin T2 is the way to go IMO.

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022
Buy a proper headphone not IEMs, they have way better spatial sound, because they have wider sound stage, which means you can spatially hear noise better with bigger headphones.

kz zs10 pro are probably the best IEM set in their price range, by a decent margin I think. I have has a few over $100 IEMs I sold once I bought the ZS10 Pro set. Have the Tin T2 but they are not as good sounding, still good though.

Over ear headphones are better for gaming though as others have said. For a cheaper price, the HyperX Cloud Stinger is good with a mic
Without a MIC you can have Audio Technica ATH-M20x,
The Koss KPH30iRB are also outstanding for the price even though they look like cheapo headphones, they sound amazing, are cheap and have an inline mic. I use this set for my travel setup. https://www.amazon.com/Koss-KPH30iR...t=&hvlocphy=9001809&hvtargid=pla-782526265409

I know which ones are good for gaming, cost only 1200$, Audeze in ear planar magnetic, and yes they have really good sound stage.
They are open back which really brings into question why use them instead of headphones? Being open back will definitely improve the soundstage over typical IEM’s. The below is the first review I found and they describe the soundstage as “ The soundstaging isn’t huge”. Therefore as expected even an expensive uncommon open back IEM is going to be outperformed for gaming by a much cheaper headphone.

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022
They are open back which really brings into question why use them instead of headphones? Being open back will definitely improve the soundstage over typical IEM’s. The below is the first review I found and they describe the soundstage as “ The soundstaging isn’t huge”. Therefore as expected even an expensive uncommon open back IEM is going to be outperformed for gaming by a much cheaper headphone.

Yes, but “isn’t huge” is still good for IEMs and way better than anything else. But my post wasn’t even meant seriously, I just wanted to show what it needs to be remotely comparable to over ear headphones.

Yes, but “isn’t huge” is still good for IEMs and way better than anything else. But my post wasn’t even meant seriously, I just wanted to show what it needs to be remotely comparable to over ear headphones.
You haven’t provided anything that remotely shows an IEM can be as good as over ear headphones in regards to soundstage. I’m yet to see anything that indicates an IEM can match the soundstage of a good open back headphone. From what I have read before a good soundstage requires the whole ear to receive the sound wave and direct it into the ear canel which is something an IEM cannot do.

I would be very interested in anything from a reliable source that shows there is an IEM that can equal the soundstage of a good set of headphones. I spent some time looking for such a product about a year or 2 ago and the more I looked into it everything I found said it wasn’t possible. I ended up with the AKG 712 Pro’s for open back headphones which are my preferred headphones for gaming and some music listening and a set of Fiio FH7’s.

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022
You haven’t provided anything that remotely shows an IEM can be as good as over ear headphones in regards to soundstage. I’m yet to see anything that indicates an IEM can match the soundstage of a good open back headphone. From what I have read before a good soundstage requires the whole ear to receive the sound wave and direct it into the ear canel which is something an IEM cannot do.

I would be very interested in anything from a reliable source that shows there is an IEM that can equal the soundstage of a good set of headphones. I spent some time looking for such a product about a year or 2 ago and the more I looked into it everything I found said it wasn’t possible. I ended up with the AKG 712 Pro’s for open back headphones which are my preferred headphones for gaming and some music listening and a set of Fiio FH7’s.
Again you didn’t get my point. First of all it was a joke, second time I say this, it was a sarcastic comment that was meant to prove how many lengths IEMs need to go to be even comparable to on ear headphones when it comes to soundstage. But you should maybe read the review again, it’s not as bad as you make it out to be, and there are also other ones with relatively good sound stage. My last comment on this, or I get banned by the mod because I’m allegedly “off topic”.