Question I'm confused want to buy new cpu for only Gaming, Next Month Core i9-10900X?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 6, 2019
hello, I'm confused
beacuse Next Month the 10x net gen intel cpu coming out.
but the new cpus that come out, dont have K option for OC? Or Gaming?
Core i9-10900X its will be the next gen. but its not good for gaming?
9900k or i9-10900x who will be most strong for only gaming? beacuse its not have K options for OverClocking like other cpus have.

Last edited:
@Phaaze88, yeap I know the new refreshed cpu from Intel wont be mind blowing, and they will be no fresh at all. The cooling solution for those CPUs will only get bigger, I was just pointing out that theres more stuff comin from Intel in the 14nm+++..... node, for those who may not be aware (like the OP).

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
@Phaaze88, yeap I know the new refreshed cpu from Intel wont be mind blowing, and they will be no fresh at all. The cooling solution for those CPUs will only get bigger, I was just pointing out that theres more stuff comin from Intel in the 14nm+++..... node, for those who may not be aware (like the OP).
I know. That was more of rant.

Since page one, the OP has yet to answer the question, "What does 10th gen offer that a 9900K can't already do for just gaming?"

Reactions: King_V and RodroX

Endre

Honorable
And why not? They are superior to liquid, save for 360mm AIOs and full custom loops.
They also have fewer faults, and last a lifetime, except for 1 thing... the fan(s).

I see someone must've filled your head with liquid cooling mumbo-jumbo...

Agree with all points.

Which is why I still want to know what a 9700K/9900K can't do that a 10000-series chip is going to do a hell of a lot better, besides multitasking...

:rolleyes:

Get a 9900K/KF/KS - whatever, and be done with it. You won't be missing anything with 10000.

So... IF the price of the i9-10900K will be the same as of the i9-9900K, you’ll buy the i9-9900K because you don’t need those 2 extra cores??

That’s just like telling to your boss that you don’t need the 300$ raise of salary that he wants to give you, just because your monthly expenses aren’t so big! 🤣🤣🤣

Endre

Honorable
Phaaze88,
Liquid coolers ARE BETTER than air coolers.
I know people that own beefy Noctua coolers that when benchmarking their CPUs with Prime95, their CPUs go as hot as 100 celsius degrees!

My CPU never exceeded 80 celsius degrees when benchmarking, and my liquid cooler ain’t beefy at all, it’s just a Corsair H45!