burneracc

Prominent
Sep 18, 2020
Since i factory reset my windows i have been going crazy bc i have been experiencing allot of lag spikes on my gpu and unseen cpu usage while playing "light" games (other words before factory reseting i never got such high cpu usage on games like Destiny 2 (90'ish%) and cs (70 or 80 something'ish) before never gotten any lag spikes on destiny) i just idk anymore i think i'm going to try and re-instal windows again, idk anymore. Suggestions just throw them and i will try!

CPU-Z bench + pc specs: https://valid.x86.fr/u051mv
PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W Full Modular
SSR-750FX

Btw i figured out there is a memory leak on chrome if you open discord web and go to your passwords and windows defender pops up or that is just for me...

Solution
Apply Task Manager and Resource Monitor per my post (#2) above.

Also look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, and even informational events relating to performance issues.

The "reset" and any subsequent updates (Window and otherwise) have caused quite of number of changes.

Perhaps reversion to out of date drivers, may have corrupted files, certainly configuration changes.

Doubt that there is one overall sweeping fix to be applied.

Focus on finding problems that the system is capturing and address those problems one by one.

You may need to boot into Safe Mode to obtain stable performance and regain control.

Ralston18

Titan
What was the original reason for factory resetting Windows?

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance. Use both tools but only one at a time.

Determine what resources are being used, to what % those resources are being used, and what is using the resource.

Remember that you can click the column header (small arrows) to sort data.

burneracc

Prominent
Sep 18, 2020
What was the original reason for factory resetting Windows?

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance. Use both tools but only one at a time.

Determine what resources are being used, to what % those resources are being used, and what is using the resource.

Remember that you can click the column header (small arrows) to sort data.
The original reason why i did a factory reset was bc of the "new" nvidia drivers 456.38, tried to instal failed pc crashed, restarted and i couldn't instal any drivers always failed even dx3 failed to validade the gpu

Ralston18

Titan
Apply Task Manager and Resource Monitor per my post (#2) above.

Also look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, and even informational events relating to performance issues.

The "reset" and any subsequent updates (Window and otherwise) have caused quite of number of changes.

Perhaps reversion to out of date drivers, may have corrupted files, certainly configuration changes.

Doubt that there is one overall sweeping fix to be applied.

Focus on finding problems that the system is capturing and address those problems one by one.

You may need to boot into Safe Mode to obtain stable performance and regain control.

Solution