Question I'm having problems with my pc and I don't know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2019
Hi. I've recently upgraded my pc and been getting some problems with it.

Everything was installed correctly by a friend of mine, who is a technician. So the first day I got it, he warned me about some errors he had been getting. Blue screen errors, to be precise, and I saw it first hand. After doing some testing we found out that a RAM stick was faulty, so I sent it back to the store and they provided me with a new pair.

After that, everything seemed to be working fine, no blue screen errors, but the moment I started playing games it seemed something was wrong again. I've been playing only two games: Apex Legends and League of Legends. They both run fine, but they keep crashing. Apex Legends in particular just freezes, pops an error and closes.

I've switched the memories, run some Memtests and it says there is a ton of errors, even more than before. What should I do? Is it still the RAM's fault or is it anything else? I'm relatively new to this pc gaming world, so plase make it easy to understand.

My specs:
GPU: MSI Nvidia Geforce GTX 950
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 8GB 2x4GB CL16
Mother board: MSI B450M Mortar
Disks: Kingston SSDNow A1000 240GB M.2 NVMe, SATA 500 GB

Ralston18

Titan
What make and model PSU is installed? Wattage, age, condition?

A marginal PSU can become problematic after upgrades are installed. Especially if the overall power demands are increased.

Use Reliability History/Manager and Event Viewer to look for error codes and warnings that correspond to the crashes, etc..

If nothing else is found, then talk with your friend about the current system power demands and compare to the existing PSUs specs.

Feb 20, 2019
What make and model PSU is installed? Wattage, age, condition?

A marginal PSU can become problematic after upgrades are installed. Especially if the overall power demands are increased.

Use Reliability History/Manager and Event Viewer to look for error codes and warnings that correspond to the crashes, etc..

If nothing else is found, then talk with your friend about the current system power demands and compare to the existing PSUs specs.
I don't know the exact model of the PSU, but it is 700 W and not more than 2 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.