Build Advice I'm looking for feedback on these two components ?

Geoff Leven

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2013
I'll be building a waterlooped system in the near future, and will be using the following parts:

Motherboard:​

Gigabyte Z790 AORUS MASTER X​

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/motherboards/intel-socket-1700/106150-ga-z790-aorus-master-x

RAM:​

PATRIOT VIPER XTREME 5 48GB DDR5 [2x24GB - Kit] 8200MT/s - PVX548G82C38K​

https://www.umart.com.au/product/pa...-ddr5-2x24gb-kit-8200mt-s-pvx548g82c38k-78052

It's the best I can find locally, Just would like to hear anyone's opinion on these items, experience good or bad, temps you're getting on the RAM etc...

Geoff Leven

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2013
I'll be building a waterlooped system in the near future, and will be using the following parts:

I'll be building a AUD$6000 waterloop machine with performance and longevity in mind. all those parts don't cut the cake.

I asked for feedback on the parts I mentioned because they have the performance I am looking for. not alternatives because you think they are better value. Cost is not in this equation.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Longevity says you should stay well away from very overclocked memory running at high voltages. Once you start considering memory temperature as a question, already going down the wrong path.

Even the enthusiasts I have seen are sticking with something more realistic like 7200. But 6000/6400 with as low a latency as you can get is preferable. If you are seeking memory bandwidth, consumer platform isn't the best there.

If you hold out for the Intel microcode updates, hopefully the 14900K will last a long time.

I've had Aorus motherboards, nothing bad to say. That particular board has a lot of features, you really need to check if that is something you need. Otherwise you can find boards with the same VRM design.

Geoff Leven

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2013
Longevity says you should stay well away from very overclocked memory running at high voltages. Once you start considering memory temperature as a question, already going down the wrong path.

Even the enthusiasts I have seen are sticking with something more realistic like 7200. But 6000/6400 with as low a latency as you can get is preferable. If you are seeking memory bandwidth, consumer platform isn't the best there.

If you hold out for the Intel microcode updates, hopefully the 14900K will last a long time.

I've had Aorus motherboards, nothing bad to say. That particular board has a lot of features, you really need to check if that is something you need. Otherwise you can find boards with the same VRM design.
I guess I should have gone into the build a bit more. This build will include the MO-RA3 and will include the CPU and RAM in the loop. Temperatures are not going to be a problem.

Last edited: