Question Images Getting Distorted When Moving, Vertical Pixel Lines (Slightly) Appearing, any Help ?

Dec 11, 2019
Hi all,

I have a minor annoying problem during playback and I am not sure if it is a problem or not. I wanted to ask you;

I have Dell S2419H 23.8'' Full HD IPS Monitor.

In certain scenes during movement, the picture gets pixelated/choppy around (mostly) a persons face and body, against certain backgrounds. Movement is looking fine when there is a clear background like a blue sky but I am not sure it is fine. Maybe it is ghosting, causing me to see pixels above there.

I think it feels like I can see pixels when someones face is moving on the monitor, or vertical lines appearing.

Here I tried to get a sample video when moving a grey background not so obvious here.
https://streamable.com/idnc0

Is this a problem, should I contact with Dell, or something that I can fix with adjusting some settings, or just normal ?

Dec 11, 2019
What gpu do you have? Do you have anything that could cause rfi? Like a cell phone, speakers, wiring next to the monitor?

Umm I've Macbook Pro 2017 with Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB. Actually I have lots of device near the monitor. A modem, 2 adapters(adapters can cause interference?), and 1 type c hub right under the monitor(which is causing interference with wifi already). I'll try with getting all the interference factors away today and let you know if there's any change.

Thank you.

Dec 11, 2019
What gpu do you have? Do you have anything that could cause rfi? Like a cell phone, speakers, wiring next to the monitor?

Hello,

Recently I've moved my Type-C adapter away.
2 adapters away from the screen.
And the modem is away so I can say no distractions, minimum interferance for the screen right now. But I am still seeing that slight vertical lines when I move windows that has white or bright coloured backgrounds. Also some videos have that pixelization, distortion in some scenes.

Any other ideas ? or what is these lines I am seeing ? Can we say maybe they are natural ?

Dec 11, 2019
I'll try to took a video when I got back to home, thanks for every help. I appreciate. I am not sure if I can get it to the video but I will try.

I am using 60hz on 1920x1080 resolution. I changed it to the 50hz but nothing changed.