Jun 8, 2021
First I just want to rule out the simple fact that said button does work, consistently. So basically just bought a new mouse fairly cheap gaming mouse and discovered that when I hold left click my side button button 4 doesn't work at all no matter how hard I press this is clearly a programming software issue. Every other combination works except this specific one. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME ITS DRIVING ME INSANE, thanks guys

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Make and model mouse?

Source/where purchased?

Have you tried manually downloading the applicable mouse drivers, reinstalling them, and re-configuring as applicable?

It could be a physically broken button - under what circumstances does the button work?

Jun 8, 2021
I’ve had the exact same mouse previously but it broke due to being old and button wore and snapped off and that worked perfectly fine no issues for over a year just bought this one it arrived today and boom this is why I am posting here for people’s help there’s surely a programming issue where left click interferes with the side button. I’ve checked it out physically and nothing is rubbing or anything looks perfect as it should

Jun 8, 2021
This isn’t a gaming issue this is a software issue mate, the combination doesn’t work on everything including my PS4 and PC in browser testing different game testing it is the way the mouse has been programmed is an educated guess. Any idea of a software that will work to restore the drivers etc, also if I’m installing new drivers on my pc will the drivers still be there when I switch to PS4? Thanks

Jun 8, 2021
This mouse?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33039089322.html

Verify or correct the link.

Maybe the drivers were changed or there is some bug or corruption problem.

= = = =

Not sure what else to suggest.

However, being that gaming is involved (Fortnight) I am moving thread from Apps & Software to PC Gaming.

Someone who plays Fortnight may recognize the problem.
Yes the mouse is the same make and model just different design

Jun 8, 2021
Literally nothing mate stock everything, same mouse as my old one the button isn’t broke I just can’t hold left click and mouse button 4 it’s crazy. Done a lot of research, come across forums with people in there that have the same exact problem must be a coding error.