Question In Game Server Browsers Terminate All Outgoing Requests

Rasmus007

Reputable
Apr 5, 2016
Throughout my years of gaming, I have come across this issue time and time again with no real solution. Today I stumbled across it yet again and decided I want to get to the bottom of this! Implemented into most modern PC games is a server browser that allows users to connect to both official and unofficial servers. These server browsers are all very similar to one another and look like this:
hlkW2Fp.jpg

When launching a game such as CS:GO, Arma 3, or Rust the server browser usually displays the list of servers at launch. However, if I fail to connect to one server, I fail for all and in fact, after closing the game I cannot ping successfully to anything outside of my local network. I am forced to ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew (or restart my machine with my DHCP server up and running) in order to get back online.

Most of the time my machine is unable to function properly after using in-game server browsers. I can't seem to figure out what the possible causes are otherwise I would have begun my troubleshooting journey already.

Another quick note: when I fail to connect to a single server ( or all of them) when I hit the "refresh" button the server then goes blank with no servers to display and that is the indicator to me that I cannot ping outside of my local network. I do not lose my IPv4 address however pinging common websites that accept ICMP requests no longer receive my requests with a 100% packet loss rate. At this point, I would either release and renew my IP or wait about 10 minutes before being able to ping anything outside my local network.

Thank you

Rasmus007

Reputable
Apr 5, 2016
Okay. Any other machines on the network have the same issue at the same time?
I use both a laptop and desktop for gaming running the same OS (Windows 10). Yes, they both encounter the issue however as of now I only use one laptop. No other machine on my network is used for gaming so I don't know how they respond.