[SOLVED] In need of Single-Sided Memory to fill 4 DIMM slots.

Aug 19, 2020
I currently have a ASUS H81-Gamer Motherboard.
I don't have enough money at the moment to fully upgrade to a modern DDR4 System and possibly a new GPU too so am trying to upgrade what i can and seeing my options.

View: https://imgur.com/a/lsC9Gaw
(Screenshot of the manual)

As can be seen on the screenshot of the RAM section of the board's manual, filling up all 4 slots is only allowed via single-sided memory.
What I ask if anyone knows of some 8GB DDR3 single-sided memory because it has been genuinely so hard to find any :sweatsmile:

Thanks In Advance ^_^

Solution
I don't have enough money at the moment to fully upgrade to a modern DDR4 System and possibly a new GPU too so am trying to upgrade what i can and seeing my options.

As can be seen on the screenshot of the RAM section of the board's manual, filling up all 4 slots is only allowed via single-sided memory.
What I ask if anyone knows of some 8GB DDR3 single-sided memory because it has been genuinely so hard to find any :sweatsmile:

Thanks In Advance ^_^
I would suggest not getting more than 2x8GB in DDR3 or DDR3L if you don't already have 2x8GB, since you are looking to upgrade an older...

Thanks In Advance ^_^
I would suggest not getting more than 2x8GB in DDR3 or DDR3L if you don't already have 2x8GB, since you are looking to upgrade an older system that is no longer supported. There are no single sided 8GB DDR3 or DDR3L modules that I know of and the only single sided modules you will find are 512MB-4GB in capacity. So you are stuck with 16GB max at 1600MT/s or 1066MT/s if you insist you need 32GB.

If you already have DDR3 1600 2x8GB, save your money and put it toward a platform upgrade to use DDR4.

Reactions: Fabrii
Solution
Aug 19, 2020
I would suggest not getting more than 2x8GB in DDR3 or DDR3L if you don't already have 2x8GB, since you are looking to upgrade an older system that is no longer supported. There are no single sided 8GB DDR3 or DDR3L modules that I know of and the only single sided modules you will find are 512MB-4GB in capacity. So you are stuck with 16GB max at 1600MT/s or 1066MT/s if you insist you need 32GB.

If you already have DDR3 1600 2x8GB, save your money and put it toward a platform upgrade to use DDR4.
Okay and fair enough, yeah.
Thank you for the explanation and suggestions.
Appreciate highly :)
Cheers!

D

Deleted member 14196

Is there another word to Single-Sided Memory when it comes to searching in Memory Specifications for it, if I may ask?

Thank you for the response and pointers by the way.
Crucial will find the right memory for you, most likely it's single sided. I don't know why you chose that other answer as best answer, Crucial WILL tell you what to buy. Period. That advice given above is wrong.

Crucial will find the right memory for you, most likely it's single sided. I don't know why you chose that other answer as best answer, Crucial WILL tell you what to buy. Period. That advice given above is wrong.
You clearly didn't even look at the picture the OP posted or read up on the OP's motherboard. It supports 4x double sided ram only up to 1066MT/s or 2x8GB double sided in two slot for 1600MT/s.

Last edited: