In Pictures: Dear Developers, 15 Games Worthy Of A Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novulux

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
I wonder how they'll manage to come up with a good story in a "The Saboteur" sequel.
Will it become completely unrelated to the first except in the fact you blow up and parkour; or will Sean play a part in the Cold War or a more regional one perhaps? :O

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Remake Quake I and follow that by a sequel. Seal of Nehara storyline maybe?

For indie games, Shadowgrounds needs a sequel (I'm not counting the Survivor prequel).

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
o come on, a rainbow 6 vegas game apposed to the older tactical rainbow 6 games? and many of the games on the list new enough to the point that a sequal will come at some point.

when i read this i thought it was going to be old games that fell off the map, not a whole bunch of new games... of all the games i only really agree with 4 of them...

but no roller coaster tycoon, sim city, nox, ultima, balders gate, never wither nights, i mean really... no one remembered those games?

acku

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010

This is about sequels not reboots. That's a whole other can of worms mate.

G

I'm still waiting for a Tachyon: The Fringe sequel. Great Space Sim Combat + Bruce Campbell doing the voice over needs to happen again.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
ol, over half of the game i didnt even touch b4. This list sucks, the author obvious got bad taste, Besides, u not even mention Simcity 5 sequel of Simcity 4. Its 8 years already. Simcity 4 sold pretty well, yet i didnt see EA/maxis have any plans on it, they keep making C&C 3/4 which is a complete failure. Simcity is probably one of the biggest title that deserve a sequel. Where is Noone lives forever 3? How about populous 3 sequel?

Stardude82

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]I'm still waiting for a Tachyon: The Fringe sequel. Great Space Sim Combat + Bruce Campbell doing the voice over needs to happen again.[/citation]

Open world space sims are awesome
. Too bad X3 is spreadsheets in space and EVE: Online WOW in space. Privateer was about as much fun as I've ever had gaming.

G

Really, these game out of which half are sequels themselves?
How about remaking a flawed gem like Messiah, ey?

ChiefTexas_82

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
Quite a few of these should get the boot. I agree they all could have sequels, but many here are just too new to have one yet and their sequel is going to come (Do you REALLY think they are going to end with Civ 5???). Others already have their sequel in the works. (Half-Life 3)

Now, Homeworld 2 and Warcraft 3 I agree with. I would also like to see some of Microsoft's one-shots have a sequel. Namely Freelancer and Pandora's Box.

G

Legacy of Kain, No one Lives Forever and a "real" sequel to Max Payne and FarCry

Status
Not open for further replies.