[SOLVED] Inconsistent fps?

Aug 15, 2020
So I always have very unstable fps it goes all over the place so I decided to see how to fix it one fix was to turn some stuff in the registry editor to zero (i had already done that) so i decided to turn it to 1 and then restart my pc. When I restarted launched valorant it was running very smooth (avg fps 230) So I thought cool, I fixed it then i went to see a football match and when i came back and launched Valorant it was back to being very choppy and unstable. (lowest fps 56, avg 140)
Gpu temp while gamin is around 50C
and the cpu is around 55C

It seems like my pc only performs well in a certain time span and then its just like nah <Mod Edit> you fam,

Userbenchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31772527

What could be the cause of this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
The i5-9400f has a base clock of 2.9ghz and a boost of 4.1ghz. The UB results you linked shows an average of 2.8ghz which means SEVERELY underperforming.
What are your temps? Your CPU is operating under base clock so I'm assuming its throttling tremendously. Also, GPU looks to be throttling as well. What is your case fan situation?

Lol, I see you included the temps in your post. My apologies. How are you getting those temps while gaming?

Are you in latest drivers and BIOS?

Aug 15, 2020
What are your temps? Your CPU is operating under base clock so I'm assuming its throttling tremendously. Also, GPU looks to be throttling as well. What is your case fan situation?

Lol, I see you included the temps in your post. My apologies. How are you getting those temps while gaming?

Are you in latest drivers and BIOS?
I have no clue how my temps are so low, maybe its because of the game because on the witcher 3 my gpu is at like 82C and my cpu is around 60C. Just checked my drivers and its up to date.

What do you mean with "Your cpu is performing under base clock'? the core clock is 2.9ghz (which im running now) and when I overclocked it to 3.3ghz I still had the same problem.

And i really dont want to mess with the bios, Im too retarded to mess with that lol.