[SOLVED] Info Assist determining Mainboard Chipset

AJAshinoff

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
I'm purchasing components for a new personal computer. I purchased the mainboard below and am now looking at a processor.

ASUS ROG Maxims XII Hero Z490 LGA 1200

In hunting for a processor I've come across CPU's that are optimized for the Intel 300 or 400 chipset's. Unfortunately, I've been unable to determine from the ASUS website if this ASUS mainboard possesses an Intel 300 or 400 chip set.

Considering the cost of every component today, I could really use an assist on this subject before I purchase..

Solution
I'm purchasing components for a new personal computer. I purchased the mainboard below and am now looking at a processor.

In hunting for a processor I've come across CPU's that are optimized for the Intel 300 or 400 chipset's. Unfortunately, I've been unable to determine from the ASUS website if this ASUS mainboard possesses an Intel 300 or 400 chip set.

Considering the cost of every component today, I could really use an assist on this subject before I purchase..
It is in the name of the product "Z490". That is the chipset. So it is a 400 series chipset.

kanewolf

Titan

It is in the name of the product "Z490". That is the chipset. So it is a 400 series chipset.

Solution

kanewolf

Titan
That was my initial assumption but when I started really looking at processors and seeing the cost ($350-$400+) I figured it better to be absolutely sure.

Thank you
The other giveaway in the name is the CPU socket "LGA 1200". This is a change between the 300 and 400 series motherboards.
If you use https://pcpartpicker.com/ to choose your parts, it will automatically show you only compatible parts.