[SOLVED] Input delay makes my game unplayable

Jan 20, 2021
Recently, after i factory reset my pc, ive been having lots of issues with input delay/lag which is making my games unplayable. im up to date on my windows and driver updates and i have optimized my nvidia control panel and switched my power mode to performance. but for some reason i still have a lot of input delay. Im not sure what to do now. Any advice would be appreciated. Recently ive been suspecting it could be my mouse that is causing the input delay but im not sure how i can check/fix it

Solution
If you suspect your mouse or keyboard is causing you a problem then the obvious thing to do is try different ones,
Do you have any input delays when typing in say word or a browser.
When you get the delays bring up the task manager and see if their is something running you dont recognise.

Finally if you do windows updates you will see optional updates tab , a chipset you need might be in their , NOTE as a disclaimer i am saying look , it is up to you to decide weather or not you do this.
If you suspect your mouse or keyboard is causing you a problem then the obvious thing to do is try different ones,
When you get the delays bring up the task manager and see if their is something running you dont recognise.

Finally if you do windows updates you will see optional updates tab , a chipset you need might be in their , NOTE as a disclaimer i am saying look , it is up to you to decide weather or not you do this.

Solution
Jan 20, 2021
I have a b450 gaming. pretty sure its gigabyte

Im updating my windows as you said. I will try different mice and Ill let you know if it solved the issue

Is your mouse connected wirelesly?
Possibly, the battery has been discharged.
Is the mouse connected via usb?
If so is it connected to one of the back motherboard ports?
That is usually best.
If connected to the front of the pc and there is activity on the other front port, you can get delays.

You may want to go through this article; not so much for the performance parts, but to understand how settings can impact input latency.
https://www.anandtech.com/show/10325/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-and-1070-founders-edition-review/13