Status
Not open for further replies.

vistagamer6969

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Hello everyone!
I'm a "nostalgic guy" and really want to buy a retail version of old windows (like xp and vista) and I'm wondering if I can fully install it from a disk labeled as "upgrade" without any previous installations before (older than or same) as it would be much, much cheaper for me.
I remember I saw a guy on youtube installing windows from an upgrade disk.
Also the same guy was using windows vista ultimate and somehow he kinda "glitched" the installer and was able to install any version he wanted (like home basic, home premium etc.). Is it possible?

kanewolf

Titan
Hello everyone!
I'm a "nostalgic guy" and really want to buy a retail version of old windows (like xp and vista) and I'm wondering if I can fully install it from a disk labeled as "upgrade" without any previous installations before (older than or same) as it would be much, much cheaper for me.
Also the same guy was using windows vista ultimate and somehow he kinda "glitched" the installer and was able to install any version he wanted (like home basic, home premium etc.). Is it possible?
Discussion about "glitching" the installer to circumvent the normal requirements is prohibited on this board. Don't go there....

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
Hello everyone!

You can just make a multiple partition on your HDD/SSD and then install Windows XP/Vista/7/8.1/10 on each every partition. then you can choose EasyBCD to manage your boot loader so everytime you restart/turn on computer, you can select which OS you want to boot from. I did this before, booting between Windows XP/7/Linux Mint.

vistagamer6969

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
You can just make a multiple partition on your HDD/SSD and then install Windows XP/Vista/7/8.1/10 on each every partition. then you can choose EasyBCD to manage your boot loader so everytime you restart/turn on computer, you can select which OS you want to boot from. I did this before, booting between Windows XP/7/Linux Mint.
Yea but the problem îs you cant install from upgrade disk. Tried with win 2k

vistagamer6969

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
upgrade disk? why not just download the iso into usb and install it into one of those partition and make multiple windows boot system? the iso pretty much free to download.
Yea
  1. I dont need win 2k. I just tested with it
  2. I wanted Vista or XP or even 7 but its the last on my list
  3. Told you i dont want to mess around with random isos

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
The ISO might be "pretty much free", but the license code isn't. An upgrade disc doesn't come with a license code.

He wanted Windows Vista, XP "or even 7"..
The License key on them are pretty much free on optiplex that been posted all over craiglist,ebay. They show license key :O They are working and not blacklisted key because Microsoft does no longer offer a service for them. So you can just use them at your own.

He wanted Windows Vista, XP "or even 7"..
The License key on them are pretty much free on optiplex that been posted all over craiglist,ebay. They show license key :O They are working and not blacklisted key because Microsoft does no longer offer a service for them. So you can just use them at your own.
That's considered piracy and we DON'T go there on this site. This is your only warning on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.