Question Installed a new motherboard to my old pc but the whole pc turns on and off after a couple of seconds

Jun 25, 2023
Recently i tried to upgrade my old pc by putting in a few new parts into it. These new parts are a motherboard, two ddr5 and a new processor, but when I installed all the new parts my pc went into power cycles by turning on for 20 seconds and then turning off. Too that the pc screen was not turning on. I can’t put in some of the old parts to the old motherboard because its for ddr4 and doesn’t support the new cpu, so i have no good way of testing if its just the motherboard or one of the other parts. All of the old parts such as the fans and the power supply are still the same meaning that i still use the old fans and power supply in the newer motherboard.

My specs
Kingston Furybeast DDR5
Intel core i5-13400F
Rog strix b660-a motherboard
Asus GEFORCE GTX 1660 super

Jun 25, 2023
What are all the parts involved...old and new?
The graphics card was old but all the other parts are new. Specifically the motherboard, processor and ddr5. Only the fans and graphics card as well as cables were old like 2015/2014 type old. I also have a 60 fps screen, the

Asus VG27AQ 27​

Jun 25, 2023
The graphics card was old but all the other parts are new. Specifically the motherboard, processor and ddr5. Only the fans and graphics card as well as cables were old like 2015/2014 type old. I also have a 60 fps screen, the

Asus VG27AQ 27​

The screen and graphics card were both bought a year ago and worked perfectly fine with the old setup

USAFRet

Titan

Asus VG27AQ 27​

Ok...thats the monitor.

You may or may not need a BIOS update
You may or may not need a full OS reinstall.

Since we out here do not know what parts you're working with, I'll leave this here...

Jun 25, 2023
New parts
Kingston Furybeast DDR5
Intel core i5-13400F
Rog strix b660-a motherboard

Old parts
Asus GEFORCE GTX 1660 super

Asus VG27AQ 27​

And tre basic fans no water cooling these tre fans are also noctua
As well as a

Noctua NH-U12S 120mm CPU​

These are the parts in my build. The big problem is that first I can’t even start the pc properly because it shuts down after 25 seconds too that the screen doesn’t show anything, only the little light that is white when it’s on is now orange. Derfore I can’t do anything that requires me to go into BOIS settings.

Last edited:
Derfore I can’t do anything that requires me to go into BOIS settings.
Let me repeat you one more time.
Your motherboard requires BIOS update, to support this cpu. You have to update BIOS to version 1620 or later.

Use BIOS Flash Back function of your motherboard.
Read user manual on how to use it (page 2-19).

Jun 25, 2023
Let me repeat you one more time.
Your motherboard requires BIOS update, to support this cpu. You have to update BIOS to version 1620 or later.

Use BIOS Flash Back function of your motherboard.
Read user manual on how to use it (page 2-19).

Thank you for the help! The motherboard works like a charm but the screen still isn’t working i tried to connect the cables to both the motherboard and the graphics card but nothing worked.