[SOLVED] Installed new processor and now my Pc wont start up with either my old or new one?

Mar 5, 2020
So I recently brought a Ryzen 7 2700x and after installing it and turning it on, the ezdebug led for cpu started lighting up. Realising that I forgot to update my Motherboard for the Cpu, I switched my old cpu back in there which was a Ryzen 3 1200 in hopes of installing the update and attempting the upgrade again, however, my old pc now shows the same problems as my new one. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

New CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
Old CPU: Ryzen 3 1200
Motherboard: B350m gaming pro

Solution
Have you tried clearing CMOS, either by the jumper (should be described in the manual) or by removing the CMOS battery for a couple of minutes and putting it back, before powering the PC up again on your "old" CPU in order to update BIOS to support the new CPU?
Have you tried clearing CMOS, either by the jumper (should be described in the manual) or by removing the CMOS battery for a couple of minutes and putting it back, before powering the PC up again on your "old" CPU in order to update BIOS to support the new CPU?

Solution
Mar 5, 2020
I shall try that now

I forgot to mention, that if you do it by removing the CMOS battery, the computer should be disconnected from the power source, and also press and hold the case power button for a short while, to drain residual power in the PSU. Remove the battery for a few minutes. Then reconnect everything before powering up the system again.

Reactions: Sprungle
Mar 5, 2020
I forgot to mention, that if you do it by removing the CMOS battery, the computer should be disconnected from the power source, and also press and hold the case power button for a short while, to drain residual power in the PSU. Remove the battery for a few minutes. Then reconnect everything before powering up the system again.
Thank you so much, its working now!

TRENDING THREADS