Apr 6, 2020
Spec:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
AMD B450 Tomahawk MAX
Nvidia GTX 1660 Super Gaming X (Old GPU)
AMD RX570 (New GPU)
32GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

So I recently built my first PC but the Displayport on the GPU had some issues. The HDMI on the GPU worked fine but my second monitor wouldn't work by displayport. I contacted the seller and they advised me to send it back. This first GPU was Nvidia GTX 1660 Super Gaming X. I decided to downgrade to a different GPU, AMD RX570.

The problem:
I forgot to uninstall the driver for the GPU before I sent it back and my motherboard doesn't have any onboard graphics. I now don't have any picture to go on to my PC to uninstall the driver. Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this problem?

Solution
Any graphics card will have a default low res mode that works without any drivers at all.
That is how you can see what is in the bios.

When you install the proper driver for the graphics card, you open up the full resolution capability as well as other features.
Current Windows has no problem running multiple graphics drivers so you really do not need to uninstall other drivers. But some purists think uninstalling old drivers is a good idea. They may be right.

If you can see the bios screen, your card is functional.
You may have been using fast boot which loads the last good windows image that has the wrong driver.
You want to do a cold boot where the whole nucleus is reloaded.

If you can't verify that your connections are good...

Ralston18

Titan
You have the RX570 now - correct?

Just install RX570 and let the Windows's drivers' find it. Should be able to boot and display on the monitor.

May need to boot into Safe Mode but I would not expect that to be directly necessary.

The initial display may not be the desired resolution etc. but there should be enough functionality to install the correct drivers for the RX570 and then uninstall the old GTX1660 drivers.

Apr 6, 2020
You have the RX570 now - correct?

Just install RX570 and let the Windows's drivers' find it. Should be able to boot and display on the monitor.

May need to boot into Safe Mode but I would not expect that to be directly necessary.

The initial display may not be the desired resolution etc. but there should be enough functionality to install the correct drivers for the RX570 and then uninstall the old GTX1660 drivers.

Yes that is correct.

I've plugged my hdmi in and turned it on and my monitor doesn't pick anything up. It just says no display connected. I've also tried plugging in the display port.

Any graphics card will have a default low res mode that works without any drivers at all.
That is how you can see what is in the bios.

When you install the proper driver for the graphics card, you open up the full resolution capability as well as other features.
Current Windows has no problem running multiple graphics drivers so you really do not need to uninstall other drivers. But some purists think uninstalling old drivers is a good idea. They may be right.

If you can see the bios screen, your card is functional.
You may have been using fast boot which loads the last good windows image that has the wrong driver.
You want to do a cold boot where the whole nucleus is reloaded.

If you can't verify that your connections are good.
Verify that your monitor has selected the appropriate input(not all do auto detect)

If the problem happens when you boot to windows, try booting in safe mode which uses a minimal set of drivers.

Solution
Apr 6, 2020
Thank you, I have now fixed the issue with the gpu, but the displayport still doesn't work. Can anyone think of a reason why the DP won't work, this is second gpu that it doesn't work on so im assuming its something wrong on my PC