Question Installing new Windows 10, and transferring files

Uterdar

Honorable
Aug 13, 2015
Oke I don't know if I am in the right section, if I am not the admins can move it I guess.
So I just ordered an ssd as I've used an hdd for 10 years now. I will delete mostly everything from the hdd-s but I would like to transfer some important stuff from the PC to the laptop. As I haven't done any giant file transfers in a long time, I was wondering if it is possible to transfer the files using an usb-c cable and not over stuff like cloud as my google drive is already pretty full (if there are some free alternatives that I should know about with more space in it, it would be appreciated), since the laptop has an usb port and my motherboard on the PC has a usb c port. I know I could probably do it with a usb to usb but sadly I do not have that and I would like to find a free alternative if possible :) .
Thank you guys in advance!

Uterdar

Honorable
Aug 13, 2015
okay, thats problem i get using advice on websites that also try to sell you things. I should have said "don't buy anything" as the rest of advice is normally good.
That's why I said I would like do spend nothing or next to nothing on this. If possible I would just like to transfer it via usb c cable as my motherboard supports it. If nothing else works I'll make 5 google accounts and use their drive storage 😅

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
That's why I said I would like do spend nothing or next to nothing on this. If possible I would just like to transfer it via usb c cable as my motherboard supports it. If nothing else works I'll make 5 google accounts and use their drive storage 😅
You need something to connect the HDD to to facilitate the data transfer.

Or....cloud and upload that data before the parts swap.

Bob.B

Respectable
Feb 8, 2021
Oke I don't know if I am in the right section, if I am not the admins can move it I guess.
So I just ordered an ssd as I've used an hdd for 10 years now. I will delete mostly everything from the hdd-s but I would like to transfer some important stuff from the PC to the laptop. As I haven't done any giant file transfers in a long time, I was wondering if it is possible to transfer the files using an usb-c cable and not over stuff like cloud as my google drive is already pretty full (if there are some free alternatives that I should know about with more space in it, it would be appreciated), since the laptop has an usb port and my motherboard on the PC has a usb c port. I know I could probably do it with a usb to usb but sadly I do not have that and I would like to find a free alternative if possible :) .
Thank you guys in advance!
I don't know how much data you want to move but would a simple flash stick work.

ASK THE COMMUNITY