Installing the Cooler Master Hyper 212+

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
^That was the reason why I did the guide. The CM instructions aren't the best for install properly the cooler, more, if you don't see that the cooler comes by default for install it in a 775 socket.

eloric

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
Thanks for the reference here, Saint. I will follow this and let you know how it works for me. I have an EVGA x58 SLI LE, i7-920, so maybe I can take a picture to contribute if it is different. (It'll give your thread a bump too!)

Hey what kind of lighting did you use to take your pictures? Anything special?

E

Hi eloric, for ur i7 and EVGA mobo u need change two things:

1- The back plate goes in the opposite way. Do u see the four things that are a little high?, that goes in contact with ur mobo and the nuts goes in those parts.
2- You need adjust the screws in the retention plate to the last hole, when u do this, the screws fit perfectly with the nuts in the retention plate.

Lutfij

Titan
camera ? i use a nikon D300 and my etrylevel camera was a canon 300D (asian market) aka Rebel XT "i think" (US market)

ur shots were good, you can add me on FB, i have gallery of my work there..:) check em out

The exact fan that comes with the kit is a Cooler Master > Blade Master 120 > R4-BMBS-20PK-R0

@lutfij

Added, thanks for the suggestion.

Maybe u don't believe me but it's a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S950. BTW, that's FB?, sorry if it's a stupid question.

4ryan6

Your welcome, a placer to me that my guide has been helpful for you and your cooler installation.

Lutfij

Titan
@ saint19 - thankyou for the addition. No bro, i DO believe you. The camera you have is also brilliant :) I used a cybershot from my pal when my camera's were out of commission. I liked the results !

FB - Facebook.com I can PM you my add. There you can check out my photographic gallery.

dEAne

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
One of the bad things I have encounter with the cpu cooler was the memory modules came in conflict with the cooler or the motherboard heatsink for northbridge in conflict with the cooler - And careful with warping of the motherboard.

red999

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
I have been reading a lot about thermal paste application on HDT type heatsink like Hyper 212+, but I am still a little confused. I am planning to use it for my i5-750 and I am wondering if it is best to apply the paste onto the heatsink itself to cover the channels or do I put it on the CPU?

TRENDING THREADS