Installing the Cooler Master Hyper 212+

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lutfij

Titan
@ khicharkumar - too large a HS or too BIG for your existing casing?

mobos these days have been designed to go through SOME stress unlike the days of the 478pin boards.

I remember where one forum reviewed a Thermaltake BLUEORB and had the mobo break at the seams of the processor, though it was the reviewers intention to see if the board (any boar) can handle stress.

* Point *
If all the screws to your case and mobo are made then this HS is good to go!

All rigs work fine with aftermarket HS's even beyond 3 months :)

I am glad that you are thinking about stress and strain. Your concern is quite valid, and the boards manufacturers have taken into consideration the weight of these after-market coolers. Most of them weigh around 800 grams, and add to it the weight of the fans, and the total weight that is mounted on the board will be around 1kg.

If you do end up buying the Megahalem, check 2 things:

1. Will the RAM chip clear the fan attached on the side closer to the RAM (tall RAM will present a problem)?
2. Do you have a case large enough to accommodate the Megahalem?

All of today's coolers will work with today's boards. The stress issues are addressed and solved by the manufacturers. My cooler (CM V8) weighs 870 gms. and this issue did run through my mind. No problems.

khicharkumar

Distinguished
May 18, 2010

Answer
1.No i don't use RAM's like Crossair Dominator etc etc brand which are too tall.......so no problem here...
2.Yes my case is full tower case,so with Megahalem if the board is screwed vertically there will be no trouble..
So i made a choice i will try this kind of tower HS they are very good in heat disepation
Thanks for your Help........

Ok.

Exist 3 dimensions in ur case.

1- Tall: This is important when u want use Crossfire or SLI and depends too of the form factor of the mobo.
2- Deep: This is useful the ur GPU is very large since not all the cases have the same dimensions and can't fit the same GPUs.
3- Wide: THIS'S the important when u want use a cooler. U need compare this dimension with the High dimension of the cooler and with that u can know if the cooler fit on ur case or not.

If that 15cm is the wide dimension of ur case, the Cooler don't fit on it. The problem if u remove the side panel of the case is that u affect the airflow of the case.

Check ur currents temps with the current configuration that u have and after install the cooler and remove the side panel and compare the temps that u get with the 1st temps.

No temp related problem in running a computer with the side panel taken off. In fact, it may provide additional cooling. My only concern would be accidental damage to components because they are exposed.

Lutfij

Titan
newegg have them (but i figure it'll cost alot just to bring that tiny thing to your doorstep)...or you could just look at your local microcenter. In my case you can pick the converter up at an electronic hardware store :)