Installing Windows Vista gets Error Code 0x80070003 but wait it gets better

Status
Not open for further replies.

overbound

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
I'm getting error code 0x80070003 when I install vista around the time vista extracts the files. I've tried multiple discs, multiple isos, and installing through a USB Drive. Nothing works I get that code. I thought perhaps it was some bad ram so I took out each stick and tested each one individually. Still no luck.

I reformatted the hard drive using a different computer and tried steps again still no luck.

At this point I said screw it and tried to install XP Pro and XP cannot find a hard disk to install.

So I'm stumped the ram is ok, the hard drive is ok, and I've tried multiple ISOs, CDs, DVDs, USB Drives, and Operating Systems. Something is not right but I don't know what.

fowang

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
I would recommend running chkdsk on your hard drive to make sure the OS is not trying to write to any bad sectors on your disk, also try and update the bios on your motherboard and see how that goes.

overbound

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
As I already said reformatted the hard drive that checks for bad selectors by its self. I don't think this is a bios problem.

overbound

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
This is taken of the Microsoft website:

When you choose to run a regular format on a volume, files are removed from the volume that you are formatting and the hard disk is scanned for bad sectors. The scan for bad sectors is responsible for the majority of the time that it takes to format a volume.

fowang

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
formatting in Vista through the initial set does not chkdsk, the info you have got is talking about XP, you are not going to try this 1st then dont reply

overbound

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
I formatted with XP. God get the picture!? I said I did it so I did it (isn't that wonderful how that works?). If I say something as been done there's a good chance I've already done it :p. If your not going to listen to me first. Don't Reply. Actually seeing as how you've not been very helpful or listened to what I've said at all don't reply at all please.

fowang

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
I suggest climbing off your high horse as you might break somthing!

For a start WHY use the XP format??? Its clearly not working there! You are given the option to use command prompt in vista when installing, I am giving you a valid process to try and to explicitly trounce the use of it with out even atempting the fix, its a simple task of running cmd going to the hard drive (thats if you havnt broke it) running chkdsk.exe -r it would be interesting to see how you get on.

As if this passes with no problems there are other avenues which can explored!

Being "IGNORANT" on this forum will not get you anywhere!!!

overbound

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
I took the HD out and formatted it on another computer as well as formating it in the vista install, I tried both in other words. I've basically already done what you said anyway with formatting the hard drive. At anyrate I want to thank you Zoron for trying to help. Fowang next time when I say something doesn't need done just listen this is my topic and just because I don't take you up on a suggestion you make doesn't justify you cluttering up my topic stating the same thing over and over again. *** down and shut up.

fowang

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
As you have clearly said an i have been reading exactly what you have been saying, you have said that running an xp full format Scan and repairs bad sectors, well it doesn’t! It only scans :) so you haven’t actually a check disk with repair yet have you??? NO! I really don’t care if your computer works or not but to be very honest I would prefer it didn’t as the internet would be less one IT illiterate Cretan.

Do the internet a favour and become AN HERO

randomizer

Champion

We'll have no more of that crap thanks.

overbound

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
Thanks randomizer and thanks for my first badge the spy badge I didn't even know about these badges but after looking into them they are kind of neat similar to forum karma but more unique.

TerrysComputers

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
I'm was getting error code 0x80070003 when I install vista around the time vista extracts the files said it couldn't find some location of files, but I tried a new dvd burner to do the install, and in my case solved the problem, hope this helps, this something we do alot on other windows versions that have similiar install problems, I have a computer business and have 20years in the industry with alot of trouble shooting experience, hope this might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.