Intel 6700k reaches 100% load while browsing chrome and starts lagging

Lime192

Honorable
Jan 30, 2016
So my pc has worked fine since I built it 1 year ago and now all of the sudden my 6700k has randomly started reaching 100% load. It started while I was playing h1z1, then it started happening while just browsing chrome and/or watching streams etc.
My gpu has started acting weird aswell with drivers failing. Temps on both GPU and CPU are good maxing out at 60-70c while gaming but idle at around 25-30c.

Recently switched antivirus from avast and it was then it started happening. Can it be related to that? Feels like a stupidquestion but no question is a bad one right...

My rig:
CPU: Intel core i7 6700k
GPU: 1070 G1
Motherboard: Z170X-Gaming 3
16 gb ram

Solution
Thats not a stupid question at all and could be the cause of the problem. Remove all Antivirus from your computer, then download and run malwarebytes (or similar) as it could just be a malware issue. Then restart and install whichever AV you want to use and see how it goes

bumnut53

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
Thats not a stupid question at all and could be the cause of the problem. Remove all Antivirus from your computer, then download and run malwarebytes (or similar) as it could just be a malware issue. Then restart and install whichever AV you want to use and see how it goes

Solution
Hi,

What's your power supply, a low quality one could be failing and causing this kind of behavior.
Also download hard disk sentinel and look at the drive health. Could have a failing HD.
If all is fine, look for malware goto bleepingcomputer and download run jrt => roguekiller => adwcleaner to get PUP/malware out.

If you look at task manager what process is taking % cpu
Most of the time, it can be windows update acting up.
Also you can run services and disable superfetch and windows search process to help cpu.

Lime192

Honorable
Jan 30, 2016

Did as you said and uninstalled bitdefender as I had switched to that instead of avast and ran malwarebytes. But it came out with no threats. Then reinstalled avast, and it seems to work fine now. :D Happy me. Except that im now stuck with avast, but rather that then a lagging computer.
Thanks for the help! :D :D