Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2018
I've got a DB75EN mobo, tried to upgrade from my GTX 560 Ti to an RX 570, which didn't take. Assuming it was a bad GPU (since system works fine with 560 Ti), I swapped that in for a GTX 1060. Same problem.

Specifically, the video cards aren't being detected. They power on, the fans spin, they are seated correctly, the PCI-E 16 slot is clean, and I have a Corsair TX 650 for power, but neither of the new cards are detected. In BIOS, lists the PCI-E 16 slot as "Not Populated". If I set the Integrated Graphics off and go for solely PEG, it doesn't even display the BIOS or boot up sequence.

I've since updated the BIOS using the downloads available from Intel, prior to which I was unable to get any video from plugging into the motherboard directly, but it still doesn't detect the cards, and even Nvidia's driver installer won't install anything as it doesn't detect the cards. They're not present in the Device Manager either.

I've tried the update to the integrated graphics (HD graphics update) that Intel provides, that did nothing I can see, and the only more recent firmware update I haven't tried is for the Intel Management Engine, which I think is some IT sysadmin something or other, not for typical consumer use or something..

The whole line of desktop boards is unsupported by Intel now, so no newer BIOS updates available that I can tell, and I've been shut down when contacting their support lines for guidance.

Basically, I'm guessing the firmware on the motherboard needs updating to handle the newer cards, but that update was never made. Any hope or help? I'd like to be able to resolve this without having to get a whole new motherboard if possible, I'm pretty much out of budget on this upgrade. Thanks very much.

Solution
Yes older boards can have issues with newer video cards, any system with a UEFI BIOS should be OK. There are some newer cards that do run on older motherboards but I am not aware of a good solid list as to exactly what those cards are. Maybe send a few emails to some video card vendors and check with them.
Yes older boards can have issues with newer video cards, any system with a UEFI BIOS should be OK. There are some newer cards that do run on older motherboards but I am not aware of a good solid list as to exactly what those cards are. Maybe send a few emails to some video card vendors and check with them.

Solution
Oct 18, 2018

For anyone who comes after - Yeah, this board doesn't have UEFI BIOS, so it's not compatible with any of the more recent GPUs, including the GTX 10xx series. Gotta swap boards. Rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.