Question Intel iGPU stopped working via HDMI while PC was on - cannot restore ?

Mar 17, 2024
Hi, my PC is using a z490 A-PRO motherboard. Up until recently I was running a dual monitor setup using my Geforce GPU and my Intel iGPU just fine (BIOS had IGD Dual Monitor enabled). I stepped away for a short moment and I returned to see that the HDMI connected to my intel graphics no longer seemed to be working?

What I have tried so far:
  • Rebooting the computer - not fixed.
  • Swapping the HDMI cables: Both monitors display just fine when connected to Geforce GPU via HDMI; neither display from on-board graphics HDMI port
  • Disabling/enabling the intel graphics adapter in device manager - the screen flickers for a short moment, but that's it. No effect.
  • Updating intel graphics drivers - I now have an intel ARC control panel, but it still doesn't detect the display via HDMI port.
  • Updating BIOS & re-enabling IGD multi-monitor: On-board graphics HDMI port still not outputting.
Note: Prior to updating BIOS, I observed that the motherboard's HDMI port did output the display to my monitor in BIOS/UEFI mode. After updating BIOS this doesn't seem to be the case but unsure of that.

I need this setup to work as my monitors do not support DisplayPort and my DP-to-HDMI adapter doesn't seem to work with this Geforce GPU.