Jul 7, 2019
Good evening, I hope this is the right forum for my problem.
I do have a problem with the Intel VGA drivers of my laptop. The laptopmodel in question is the "Acer Aspire E1-572-54204G50Mnii".

The laptop worked fine, but for some reason the preinstalled drivers stopped working. "The usual"-starting up normally leads to a blackscreen, starting up in safemode works fine, disabling the VGA in device manager (during safemode) allows to start up normally-.
Trying to fix this issues, I tried to reinstall the drivers and thats the beginning of all the problems im experiencing:
The installed OS was Windows 7x32, however Acer only provides drivers for x64 versions of windows, so I wasn't able to use the manufacturers drivers, all the drivers I got directly from Intel at that time however didn't work. Trying to fix it I did a clean install of Windows10x64, in hopes to be able to install the drivers.

(Maybe this is valuable information so ill add it here too: I had some problems during the clean installation of windows10 using the media creation tool provided by windows. After windows 10 was reinstalled and in the process of being set up - the part where you have to enter your location and agree to the terms - was audible, but also was a blackscreen. It showed during safemode however, but windows apparently doesnt like being installed in safemode. I fixed this by creating a bootable device on another pc and using it.)

Now that windows10x64 is on the laptop I would have expected the problems to be fixed, but it's not even close. The drivers all install, but lead to the same issue as before - Blackscreen as soon as the driver is finished installing and on normal start, working fine in safe mode, being able to boot normally if the device is disabled or the driver is uninstalled.

The laptop works fine with the windows standard drivers.

For the drivers I have tried so far:

-Windows automatic update:

-From the Manufacturers (Acer) site :

• 10.18.15.4248 for win 10
  • 10.18.10.3355 for win 7
  • 10.18.10.3355 for win 8.1
(I tried both of win7 and win8.1 on the win10 installation i have right now, just to check.)

-From Intels site:

• 15.40.42.5063 for win 10 (came up using the "Intel Driver & Support Assistant" utility")
  • 15.40.41.5058 for win 10
  • 15.40.7.4279 for win 10
None of these have worked for me at all.

Am I missing something big here? I feel like I have been running in circles for way too long now.

Is my integrated GPU broken? (If yes, how can that happen, from my understanding the "integrated gpu" is just the cpu doing gpu calculations. If it breaks, how can the rest of the cpu still work properly, and how can the windows basic driver use it.)
Am I too stupid to install the proper drivers?
Do I need to reinstall Windows 7 to get the correct drivers?

I really am at my wits end and would appreciate it if someone could give me some pointers in the right direction.
Thanks alot in advance! :giggle:
-Jam

Jul 7, 2019
Hey, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have tried most of the drivers with a second screen. The screen never received a signal, neither trough vga- nor trough the hdmi-cable. On if i can recall correctly 2 occasions of testing, the laptops screen showed staggered horizontal blue lines when connected to the second monitor.

-Jam

TRENDING THREADS