[SOLVED] intel M.2 CNVi Wifi + Bluetooth with my MSI Z390 MOBO?

Solution
I understand that I need two wires for antennae attached to the 1 and 2 spots, its very obvious.
But it is just weird that I'm recommended the AX series one when it says the AC series compatible? :
  • "1 x M.2 slot with E key for Integrated Intel® Wireless-AC(CNVi) module only"
Won't that just make me buy something that won't work?
While it's confusing on the face -- if you read the Intel pages on their products you can get AC only but at essentially the same price as the AX, which provides all AC functions and will support AX when it is fully implemented over the next few years.

2000pikapikachu

Prominent
Sep 13, 2020
Last edited:

2000pikapikachu

Prominent
Sep 13, 2020
I would go with THIS Intel latest model, but you also need to order the two wire antennae that attach to the spots marked 1 and 2 on the card -- look down below on the page to find those.

I just only seen that It says on the mobo specs:
So wont only the intel AC series work ?
eg. https://www.scan.co.uk/products/int...w-m2-key-a-e-2230-1730mbps-24-5ghz-dl-mu-mimo
the problem is that i dont really have any problems with building PC's, its just something that i never came over with, but i would like to have it

2000pikapikachu

Prominent
Sep 13, 2020
Your scan links don't work, but af far as I can tell the AX200 is the better choice for the Z390. Again, you need the two wires for antennae attached to the 1 and 2 spots.

I understand that I need two wires for antennae attached to the 1 and 2 spots, its very obvious.
But it is just weird that I'm recommended the AX series one when it says the AC series compatible? :

RealBeast

Titan
While it's confusing on the face -- if you read the Intel pages on their products you can get AC only but at essentially the same price as the AX, which provides all AC functions and will support AX when it is fully implemented over the next few years.

Solution