[SOLVED] Intel Management Engine driver: should I update it with the version on Intel's website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CxRizzle

Distinguished
May 24, 2013
Decided to check if there were any driver updates for my system, and decided to look into Intel's Management Engine Interface driver. On the support page for my motherboard (Asus ROG Maximus IX), the last available update is 11.7.0.1045, which was released on 12/2017. On Intel's site, they have a much more recent update that was released on 3/2019. Should I update it? I usually only use the downloads provided by my motherboards support page. I haven't used the one provided by Intel's site before.

Solution
I've done it plenty of times. For Intel and many other components. As the manufacturers often stop qualifying updates before the component makers do. Never had anything break. At worst if I've misidentified something it won't install the driver update as it doesn't match.

You should also check your audio. As there is usually an update from the audio chip maker.
I've done it plenty of times. For Intel and many other components. As the manufacturers often stop qualifying updates before the component makers do. Never had anything break. At worst if I've misidentified something it won't install the driver update as it doesn't match.

You should also check your audio. As there is usually an update from the audio chip maker.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.