Intel (R) HD 4000 only 32Mbs dedicated video ram memory?

Jun 2, 2018
I got this better graphics card for my windows 8 laptop.

My friend who gave it to me said it should have been more than this.
Ideas or knowings on why this is?

Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
Yep, that is your wi-fi (wireless network) and Bluetooth adapter. Not a video device.

The black and white wires are actually the antenna elements. Changing this has no impact, at all, on your video performance.
Jun 2, 2018
Well, my friend also installed it. All I really did was just remove the screw keeping it in place for them so they could get it out.. It was a generation two a posed to this generation 7 he gave me and installed. On the bottom of my laptop was where the old graphics card was very much viable. The old graphics card was removed from the wires, and the new one was put in by my good friend!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
This should be your laptop (Support for XPS 13 L322X):

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/servicetag/8z632w1/configuration

It does not have upgrade-able graphics. Are you sure your friend didn't swap the wireless adapter? It would have been connected by a couple wires and held in place with a a couple small screws.

Specs can be found here:

http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_xps_laptop/xps-13-l321x-mlk_reference%20guide_en-us.pdf

Your system always had Intel HD Graphics 4000. It is integrated with the CPU.

Jun 2, 2018
While I couldn't say for sure, I can take a picture to of what I believe to at least be a graphics card.
Would you like me to do this and use a handy site to allow you to see the image easily?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Sure, take a picture. Post it to a photo sharing site, like www.imgur.com and post a link here.

I can assure you, it was not a graphics card. The laptop mentioned earlier does not have one, per se. The video controller is part of the CPU.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Post a picture.

Are you saying the CPU was replaced? If so, you would have had to disassemble the entire system to swap the CPU itself. That would have been quite a bit more complicated than previously indicated.

Standing by.

Jun 2, 2018
Info on it reads:

WFM: 002315A379C$
WMM: 64D4DA1B5768
TA: E93515-002

And of course:

Jun 2, 2018
Well, thank you for your help and patients! I'll see if I can find my other questions else where.
With most of that cleared up, perhaps one day I will have a better PC or Laptop.
At Least I can run Oblivion!