Question Intel UHD Graphics no longer supports 144Hz?

Sep 10, 2022
2 Months ago I got my new laptop + external monitor and connected them, 144Hz worked without an issue through HDMI, and yesterday for an unknown reason the 144Hz is completely gone, only 120Hz remains, I have not changed anything about my setup since then and I don't see why that would happen. After checking Event Viewer I noticed that suddenly after 2 months of inactivity in events, one occured, which was a change in the configuration of a driver file, I have no idea what caused it or how to revert it, I would appreciate some help!

Yes I have tried to update the drivers, set a custom resolution, none of those work.

Reactions: Rimenesh
Sep 27, 2022
Hi, I have same laptop but unlike you I havent seen any 144hz option since I got this laptop.. Max 120hz just like you. My old laptop was Hp Omen Dc1008NT and I was able to use 144hz with same cable and same monitor. Also when I check the monitor support with CRU I can see that I'm able to get 144hz but its most likely blocked by intel. If you figured and solved the problem please let me know.