Interference with NERO CD Burning

I have a small conflict I'd like to resolve.
I use the Nero suite to burn CDs and DVDs, including Nero's InCD for
CD-RW's.
When I try to close a CD-RW and eject it from the drive, some portion of
XP's CD writing routine jumps in and asks me if I want to write the
files to the CD that I've already written to the CD. If I give the
goahead, it erases the files. If I ignore the XP popup, I cann't get the
CD out of hte drive.
How do I disable XP's CD writing subroutines so they do not interfere
with NERO?

Harry, if you are just writing files to the CD, don't close it.
You only need to close it if you are copying music.

Jerry

"Harry Krause" <harry.krause@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a small conflict I'd like to resolve.
> I use the Nero suite to burn CDs and DVDs, including Nero's InCD for
> CD-RW's.
> When I try to close a CD-RW and eject it from the drive, some portion of
> XP's CD writing routine jumps in and asks me if I want to write the files
> to the CD that I've already written to the CD. If I give the goahead, it
> erases the files. If I ignore the XP popup, I cann't get the CD out of hte
> drive.
> How do I disable XP's CD writing subroutines so they do not interfere with
> NERO?

Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

If using 3rd party burning software like Nero disable XP's native burning
capability. In Explorer right click CDRW drive then Properties/Recording
and remove the tick from "Enable recording....".

--

Kenny

Kenny wrote:
> If using 3rd party burning software like Nero disable XP's native burning
> capability. In Explorer right click CDRW drive then Properties/Recording
> and remove the tick from "Enable recording....".

Thanks...will give that a try. Will report back.

Harry Krause wrote:
> Kenny wrote:
>
>> If using 3rd party burning software like Nero disable XP's native burning
>> capability. In Explorer right click CDRW drive then Properties/Recording
>> and remove the tick from "Enable recording....".
>>
> Thanks...will give that a try. Will report back.

That did the trick...