[SOLVED] Internet cuts out every few minutes

GHL100

Reputable
Jul 28, 2016
I can't understand why but my internet keeps dropping from my pc. The wifi still shows that its connected but nothing works. I get dropped from my game and my discord for up to 30 seconds and it comes back. If I disconnect manually and reconnect it fixes it but otherwise will fix itself after a while. I thought it was my wifi card but I bought a new one and it persists. I can't understand why it keeps doing this. It only started a week ago but started to do it a lot more frequently yesterday and today.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and Windows 10 version information.

Clarify: "If I disconnect manually and reconnect....." - what specifically are you connecting and reconnecting?

Are you also using a wired connection?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and information events that correspond with the internet drops.

Reliability History has a timeline format so look for entries that started about a week ago.

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt and post the results.

The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some additional insight regarding the problem.

Who has full admin rights to the router? You will need help from that person.