[SOLVED] Internet keep disconnecting after few mins and captcha issue

Nov 5, 2020
Hi there, I have 2 issues with my internet. My internet keeps going down despite my lan shows connected to internet. After restarting the router, the internet goes up again. I have b550 aorus elite v1 motherboard.
Second, my local internet provider has an issue with captcha. I have to do a captcha thing every time I go to incognito mode. Another user I know using the same provider has the same issue. Is my internet provider assigning the same IP to multiple users? I noted that this captcha issue goes away at night can come back in the morning for the next 12-15 hours.

Solution
The location information is many times wrong it could be for example the country the ISP has its main office in and not where they are using the IP blocks. It is not likely the ISP is using a VPN.

You want to look in your router. It is not consistent between routers but you should be able to see the IP address you are being assigned. What you then must do is see if that is the same as the IP whatsmyip shows.

Your main goal is to find out if you are really sharing a IP with other users or if it some other garbage.
That is likely the cause. I really hate google trying to bypass incognito mode with their tracking. I have this as a constant problem on vpn many times. I have given up and started to use bing for a lot of stuff.

You can check to see what IP is assigned to your router. If it does not match sites like whatsmyip it is likely you are being given a private IP and sharing a public IP.

Why the internet itself fails you need to ask your ISP to check things

Nov 5, 2020
That is likely the cause. I really hate google trying to bypass incognito mode with their tracking. I have this as a constant problem on vpn many times. I have given up and started to use bing for a lot of stuff.

You can check to see what IP is assigned to your router. If it does not match sites like whatsmyip it is likely you are being given a private IP and sharing a public IP.

Why the internet itself fails you need to ask your ISP to check things
Can you explain it more like how can I check my ip and confirm if there is something wrong with it or not? Like can you give me an example?
Edit: I just checked my ip location and its address is based in another country. Is my ISP is using some kind of vpn?

Last edited:
The location information is many times wrong it could be for example the country the ISP has its main office in and not where they are using the IP blocks. It is not likely the ISP is using a VPN.

You want to look in your router. It is not consistent between routers but you should be able to see the IP address you are being assigned. What you then must do is see if that is the same as the IP whatsmyip shows.

Your main goal is to find out if you are really sharing a IP with other users or if it some other garbage.

Solution
Nov 5, 2020

Ok so I just checked the IPv4 Address under my router settings. The IP address is different from what google is showing to me. Also, I have turned off my vpn to see the results.

Pretty much all I can recommend is to not use google when this happens. This is a major flaw in their crappy tracking. There is a major shortage of ip addresses and most people do not actually need one assigned to them. Google has to accept the fact that multiple people are going to use a IP and that they should not put their spying on people above the usability.