[SOLVED] Internet problems. One download take all bandwidth.

Oct 21, 2020
Hello everyone. Thanks for reading this post. Sorry for bad english.

Today I was reinstalling my system (Windows 10 pro) to same one, I have formated my hdd and ssd.

I have downloaded geforce experience which im using for all my GPU drivers, google chrome and some other programs for my GPU.

Everything was okay with old system, but with this new one, every time I start to download something, my internet connection is all going to that thing.

I have all the latest drivers for gpu, updated internet drivers (in device manager) and windows updates.

So, im not downloading anything, my download speed is about 140mb/s, upload 15 mb/s.

But when I open battle net to download call of duty or steam to download grand theft auto 5 (GTA 5)

my internet speed drop to 1-5mb/s and its not only on that pc, its on every other device (Every phone in house, Smart TV and others)...
I tried reinstalling system with typing reset on my start menu, that didn't help.

On old system when I was downloading something my internet speed was same when not doing anything. Appreciate all your help. I tried everything from
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF6XFrYMOd8&t=4s

Check these photos, they may help us detect the problem. View: https://imgur.com/a/NV5kTGr

It could be the system , im using windows 10 pro version.

Solution
On my old system my download speed was the same when downloading something. Its unplayable now, I cant even watch twitch streams, youtube videos on 1080p etc.
On my old system I was able to download large files, play some multiplayer games, speak with friends on discord, watch youtube video on second screen at the same time... Now I cant even play the game...

That's impossible unless your old system game launcher had a limited download speed leaving you some of your bandwidth for the rest of your programs.

I have a 1 Gbps connection and If I download at max speed on Steam I can't even watch a 1080P stream on twitch without the stream buffering. If I limit the download speed on Steam I can watch a 1080P without any issues but...
Oct 21, 2020
Device Manager not the best way to update drivers (with a few exceptions) -- you may not have manufacturer's latest ones.
Try downloading network drivers manually from your motherboard or PC manufacturer's website.
Yeah, I tried downloading latest drivers, I'm not really the best with these things, my motherboard is as rock ab350m pro4, can you find any drivers that can be helpful, I tried something but it didn't help.

Oct 21, 2020
a 100mbs = 1 - 10th download speed so my speed is about 13mbs to 14mbs that is the way the internet works.
When I was downloading something on my old system, my Internet speed stayed 140mb/s on speed test, my ping was the same. New system is the problem, I'm not sure about drivers...

I just watched your video.

This is normal behaviors. You're starting a download on BNET that goes to 16.6MB/s. When you start that fast.com test it's normal that the test is having a hard time. You're using your max download speed on BNET at the same time. It does that for me too If I start a download on Steam, Epic Launcher or BNET.

Your connection is ~ 17.5MB/s = 140Mb/s. You will not see a 140Mb/s speed test result while you're downloading at the same time.

What is the issue here?

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020
I just watched your video.

This is normal behaviors. You're starting a download on BNET that goes to 16.6MB/s. When you start that fast.com test it's normal that the test is having a hard time. You're using your max download speed on BNET at the same time. It does that for me too If I start a download on Steam, Epic Launcher or BNET.

Your connection is ~ 17.5MB/s = 140Mb/s. You will not see a 140Mb/s speed test result while you're downloading at the same time.

What is the issue here?
On my old system my download speed was the same when downloading something. Its unplayable now, I cant even watch twitch streams, youtube videos on 1080p etc.
On my old system I was able to download large files, play some multiplayer games, speak with friends on discord, watch youtube video on second screen at the same time... Now I cant even play the game...

That's impossible unless your old system game launcher had a limited download speed leaving you some of your bandwidth for the rest of your programs.

I have a 1 Gbps connection and If I download at max speed on Steam I can't even watch a 1080P stream on twitch without the stream buffering. If I limit the download speed on Steam I can watch a 1080P without any issues but when you're going at your max download speed it does affect everything else that is using your internet.

There is no way that you were downloading at 17MB/s on your old system while talking to your friends on discord + watching a 1080P stream + playing a game without these having issues with lag.

Solution
Oct 21, 2020

I have a 1 Gbps connection and If I download at max speed on Steam I can't even watch a 1080P stream on twitch without the stream buffering. If I limit the download speed on Steam I can watch a 1080P without any issues but when you're going at your max download speed it does affect everything else that is using your internet.

There is no way that you were downloading at 17MB/s on your old system while talking to your friends on discord + watching a 1080P stream + playing a game without these having issues with lag.
Maybe it was limited but now I'm actually getting more download speed... I think it was limited

TRENDING THREADS