Internet Stability issues

lightningwing92

Reputable
Feb 7, 2015
This has been happening very often over the past few months, I have been having amazing internet thus far but my stability of the internet is very bad and I am not quite sure of the issue. My internet is wireless and I am on the second floor of my house and the router is on the first floor what is stumping me right now is why I am the only one having these issues. I think it is either my network card or motherboard, my current network card is a Linksys N600 AE2500 and my current motherboard is a Gigabyte ultra durable B85M-D3H if anybody knows what to do to fix this please answer.

Solution
Use Vistumbler to see what signal levels you are getting, and what interference is in your area.

Best bet would be to run Ethernet cable to have direct connection from computer to router. Second best would be Powerline networking kit.

If you really want to do this WiFi, than you may need a better router (you did not specify what you have now), or a better wifi adapter, such as one that supports 802.11ac for starters- or both.
Use Vistumbler to see what signal levels you are getting, and what interference is in your area.

Best bet would be to run Ethernet cable to have direct connection from computer to router. Second best would be Powerline networking kit.

If you really want to do this WiFi, than you may need a better router (you did not specify what you have now), or a better wifi adapter, such as one that supports 802.11ac for starters- or both.

Solution