gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I want to be able to change the IRQ setting for a specific
device in Windows 2000 but the tick box that says to
use "automatic settings" is greyed out and i cannot change
it. using microsofts advice, i installed windows 2000 and
chose "standard pc" after pressing F5 to change the ACPI
settings. This has still not enabled me to change the IRQ.
Is there any way i can do this or is it locked out
completely?

General Description of IRQ Sharing in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252420&Product=win2000

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Gary" <g_fort90@hotmail.com> wrote in message:

|I want to be able to change the IRQ setting for a specific
| device in Windows 2000 but the tick box that says to
| use "automatic settings" is greyed out and i cannot change
| it. using microsofts advice, i installed windows 2000 and
| chose "standard pc" after pressing F5 to change the ACPI
| settings. This has still not enabled me to change the IRQ.
| Is there any way i can do this or is it locked out
| completely?

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks, i have done that already though. i re-installed
windows, chose standard pc but i still cannot change the
IRQ's. I have looked in device manager under computer at
the top and it says "standard pc" in there. What else
needs doing to be able to change the IRQ's. Its driving
me insane!
us;252420&Product=win2000

-------------

>"Gary" <g_fort90@hotmail.com> wrote in message:
>
>|I want to be able to change the IRQ setting for a
specific
>| device in Windows 2000 but the tick box that says to
>| use "automatic settings" is greyed out and i cannot
change
>| it. using microsofts advice, i installed windows 2000
and
>| chose "standard pc" after pressing F5 to change the
ACPI
>| settings. This has still not enabled me to change the
IRQ.
>| Is there any way i can do this or is it locked out
>| completely?
>
>.

Have you noticed that this newsgroup is for Windows XP and not Windows 2000?
Check with the Windows 2000 groups.

Also, set up the computer's BIOS "Plug and Play OS" option to "NO"