[SOLVED] Is 600W enough for a 1660 Ti and 1060 3gb?

Solution
Well considering either will run on a decent 450w psu, and only pull @ 120w at best, even a decent-ish 600w should not have any issues. But that does depend on just how decent-ish that psu is. There's plenty of 600w units I'd not trust to be a door-stop.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
DX12 and windows 10 are both mgpu capable. The problem lies with the game devs and online gaming. To add mgpu capability can double the size of games, and with the current trend of online DLC taking 6+ hours for anything decent, servers like Steam, Uplay, Origin etc are not exactly happy to have such large bandwidth sucking server hogs. So initial games are kept as small as possible, with further DLC's added later.

Best option, sell both and get a 2070. Or if you are still pushing 1080p, sell either.

List the make and model number of your PSU. Why do you want to use both those cards simultaneously ? There are very few game titles which take the DX12's multi-GPU feature. The game developers need to implement and code this feature in the game.

Even after that, the performance gain is not worth it, IMO.

Last edited:
600w is meaningless, we need make and model. I believe there are only 2 games that can use DX12 multi gpu support, AOS and another I forget. In the only review I have seen of AOS using this feature the gains were terribly small, you might as well sell the weaker card.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Well considering either will run on a decent 450w psu, and only pull @ 120w at best, even a decent-ish 600w should not have any issues. But that does depend on just how decent-ish that psu is. There's plenty of 600w units I'd not trust to be a door-stop.

Solution