[SOLVED] Is 92C a bad temperature for a notebook?

Jan 15, 2020
HWMonitor shows the cores 0,1,2, and 3 are all around 90~98 C when i'm playing certain games, like Enter the Gungeon and Dead Cells. My notebook even turns off sometimes, i'm afraid i might ruin my notebook. I don't have any cooling fans, and i'm fairly new to gaming in computers. Is there something i can do to not break my laptop?

i have a Intel core i7 362QM, 2.20GHz, 8GB RAM and it's a 64 bits system. i think these are all the specs(?)

Solution
Well yes, but actually no.
Its normal for these Laptops to get hot, you may get away by buying an cooling pad, also re-pasing the thermal paste (if you havent done that in years).
Also dusting off the Heatsink.

This may help, but cooling fan will help a lot.

Also do you hear your fan going "Crazy"?

If yes, that means dust or the fan is working proper to cool off the CPU.
Its normal for these Laptops to get hot, you may get away by buying an cooling pad, also re-pasing the thermal paste (if you havent done that in years).

Reactions: RodroX
Solution
Jan 15, 2020

thanks. I'll check out those fans then. I guess my notebook just isn't that great, to run certain games. the internal fan is always doing that "hmmmmm" but i think it's time to clean it as well. thanks again!

Latest posts