Feb 27, 2024
So, is 750W Gigabyte PSU enough for the 3-fan RTX 4070 TI 12gb ?
I might do some overclocking.
SPECS:
rtx 4070ti
i7 13700kf
rtx 4060
32GB ddr5
1tb nvme
1tb hdd
z750 plus wifi asus tuf gaming motherboard

Look to my chart to determine what is what, but also keep in mind, if you have more than standard hardware like multiple drives, RGB devices, overclocking anything, MANY fans, etc. just enough extra to need to be concerned, then you might want to add an extra 50-100w to the recommendation. For the most part, I've already done this, but systems with very high TDP processors, many drives or a lot of other extra hardware might need just a little more. If you plan to do any even moderately significant overclocking, I'd be looking at 850w models and a LOT depends on what model of "Gigabyte" PSU you're looking at because fairly recently they've had some extremely poor quality models as well as some fairly decent ones.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2023
So, is 750W Gigabyte PSU enough for the 3fans RTX 4070TI 12gb?
I might do some overclocking.
SPECS:
rtx 4070ti
i7 13700kf
rtx 4060
32GB ddr5
1tb nvme
1tb hdd
z750 plus wifi asus tuf gaming motherboard
According to Corsair, it is.

But if you're planning to use both RTX4070TI and RTX4060 in the same PC, of course not. It's not only not recommended, but it's not compatible without adapters.

Reactions: zinkles
I don't think they are planning to use both cards in the same machine. I really looks like the are looking to replace the 4060 with a 4070 ti. But as you say, IF they were looking to do that, they would definitely need something more along the lines of about 1000w.

Not sure what you're talking about though in regard to the need for adapters. The only adapters that might be needed would be a 12vhpwr adapter if you buy a PSU that doesn't come already equipped for that. Given the problems that have continued to plague the adapters, I would really recommend not using one and making sure you get a PSU that comes equipped with it already.

Aug 2, 2023
I don't think they are planning to use both cards in the same machine. I really looks like the are looking to replace the 4060 with a 4070 ti. But as you say, IF they were looking to do that, they would definitely need something more along the lines of about 1000w.

Not sure what you're talking about though in regard to the need for adapters. The only adapters that might be needed would be a 12vhpwr adapter if you buy a PSU that doesn't come already equipped for that. Given the problems that have continued to plague the adapters, I would really recommend not using one and making sure you get a PSU that comes equipped with it already.

Read the OP and you will notice that he mentions two video cards.

So, as I am not a psychic and to avoid wasting time, I gave him both answers. First one assuming it was a mistake (most likely) and then a answer assuming it was correct.

About adapters, no 750W PSU have room for these 2 cards without adapters. And, before anyone says anything, at no point I recommended use a adapter. It was even implied that it shouldn't.

Feb 27, 2024
According to Corsair, it is.

But if you're planning to use both RTX4070TI and RTX4060 in the same PC, of course not. It's not only not recommended, but it's not compatible without adapters.
no, i will only use 4070ti, not the 4060.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Gigabyte GP-P750GM and GP-P850GM were time bombs not PSUs. If your 750W is one of those I wouldn't even connect it to a PC let alone run a RTX 4070 TI with it.

I'm not aware if they actually rectified this in later productions like a revision with fixes or not. I personally wouldn't buy from a company that branded those explosives PSUs and sold them.

Feb 27, 2024
Gigabyte GP-P750GM and GP-P850GM were time bombs not PSUs. If your 750W is one of those I wouldn't even connect it to a PC let alone run a RTX 4070 TI with it.

I'm not aware if they actually rectified this in later productions like a revision with fixes or not. I personally wouldn't buy from a company that branded those explosives PSUs and sold them.
well, mine is

UD750GM​

not
GP-P750GM

Yes, some Gigabyte models were dangerous on early revisions but so long as you make sure you don't buy one of those early revisions, the revised models are "ok". I would still avoid those models because they still weren't great and you can simply look to professional reviews on Tom's hardware, Hardware busters, TechPowerUP or GamersNexus to determine if any specific PSU model is worth considering. If there is no review on any of those sites, then I'd probably look at a different model. Tenatively you can also look at reviews on Anandtech, Techspot, Tweaktown, KitGuru and FPS review, but the quality level and depth of the PSU reviews on there is not going to be as thorough or as technically proficient as the first four I listed but any of them will be better than assuming anybody on Newegg or Amazon that has left a review knows what they are talking about.

And keep in mind, in some cases any of those sites might not have a written review of a given model on their website but they MIGHT have a review of it posted on Youtube, or visa versa. You can also look to both these sources for some recommendations that are mostly truthworthy as well or will at least get you pretty closely in the ballpark most of the time. Combining them with a solid review of a given unit is your best defense though.

Reactions: Satan-IR
Feb 27, 2024
Was the Gigabyte ud750gm 750w(ultra durable) power supply faulty?
Or was it just the p750gm and p850gm?
I have a ud750gm bought 1month ago, I wonder if it’s safe
The gigabyte PSUs exploded in case you don’t know