[SOLVED] is i7 4790k enough for a rtx 2060?

Jul 31, 2020
i want to upgrade my gpu and i can afford a rtx 2060, but i dont know if my cpu will have bottleneck problems with this gpu, i see a lot of comments about this combination, but i dont know what to think. My other alternative is a used gtx 1070 ti, because both have the same price, very similar power, but I prefer the 2060, because its more actual, and in a future its more salable than a gtx 1070 ti, and i dont want to buy an used gpu, but if the 2060 makes a significant bottleneck i dont have another option.

my specs:
i7 4790k (no overclocked)
ram 16gb 1600mhz
mother asus h81m-a
psu 600w

i just want to play games like jedi falen order, rdr 2, metro exodus,ROTR, call of duty warzone in 60fps in 1080p (in ultra if its possible) and have a good card for the next 2 years aprox, i dont have any intention to play in 2k or 4k.

sorry for my english, i wish you could understand this text.

Solution
As many folks play with an R3-2200 and 2400 or so, which is slower than your 4790K, there is no reason you could not try it. Depending on the game. 4c/8t is still adequate as long as not trying live-streaming, etc...

Just have realistic expectations...
Jul 31, 2020
As many folks play with an R3-2200 and 2400 or so, which is slower than your 4790K, there is no reason you could not try it. Depending on the game. 4c/8t is still adequate as long as not trying live-streaming, etc...

Just have realistic expectations...
i know that this cpu still very powerful, but it have like 5 years old, and i dont know how could react a modern gpu with this cpu, and in the internet there is no much benchs with this combo, and at the moment i dont have any intention to do steaming or something like this, i just want to play in high or ultra in 60 fps in 1080p.

thanks for your reply

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS