[SOLVED] Is it possible to get more than 60fps

Oct 2, 2019
Hey guys, I have a question is it possible to achieve more than 60 fps , the problem is I have a monitor with HDMI 1,4 DP nativ 1440p and I have gpu that only have HDMI 2.0 . Is it possible by going from 2.0 to DP or something like that to get more than 60 FPS on 1440p sure I know I can go with HDMI 1.4 with 1080p for more but the downscaling from 1440p to 1080p is beyond good :D in my opinion. Its just for my laptop my main setup uses DP to DP so its no problem :)

Solution
Is your monitor 1440p 60hz native? If so,the only option to get more FPS/hz (that actually display on screen) is to OC the monitor.

This can be done through the Nvidia/AMD control panel, by setting a custom resolution. Make sure to test it, so that the monitor can handle the extra frames.
Is your monitor 1440p 60hz native? If so,the only option to get more FPS/hz (that actually display on screen) is to OC the monitor.

This can be done through the Nvidia/AMD control panel, by setting a custom resolution. Make sure to test it, so that the monitor can handle the extra frames.

Reactions: FluidMercy
Solution

daPain58

Proper
Sep 30, 2019

If you are playing games, you may achieve more than 60fps I'm some games by turning of v sync

Reactions: FluidMercy
Oct 2, 2019
Hey and i was like hmm you forgot to say something yeah the monitor is 144hz 1440p native so it can give out more than 120 hz but the connection between laptop and monitor is the problem like said above it's a Acer predator xb271huab I think this was the model I looked up and it has only 1.4 HDMI and DP

And my laptop only have hdmi 2.0 as video output thr USB c is only gen1 so it cant be used for video output sadly

So i Think it should be possible from 2.0 hdmi to DP reach more than 60 hz by a resolution of 1440p with a max 144hz output from the monitor right ?

Last edited:
Hey and i was like hmm you forgot to say something yeah the monitor is 144hz 1440p native so it can give out more than 120 hz but the connection between laptop and monitor is the problem like said above it's a Acer predator xb271huab I think this was the model I looked up and it has only 1.4 HDMI and DP

And my laptop only have hdmi 2.0 as video output thr USB c is only gen1 so it cant be used for video output sadly

So i Think it should be possible from 2.0 hdmi to DP reach more than 60 hz by a resolution of 1440p with a max 144hz output from the monitor right ?

Yes, providing your hardware can drive the games at 144hz, then with the right cables, you should be able to take advantage of more hz/fps. AS the other poster mentioned, turn V-sync off, that should allow the fps to increase (game dependent)