[SOLVED] Is it possible to install the Windows 10 operating system before the installation of the BIOS?

Mar 19, 2020
So my current situation is that I do not have an optical drive to install the msi dvd containing the drivers and utilities needed with the computer. Instead, I was thinking of using the Windows 10 operating system first, then going onto the relevant websites to install the software for the BIOS. Is this entirely plausible?

So my current situation is that I do not have an optical drive to install the msi dvd containing the drivers and utilities needed with the computer. Instead, I was thinking of using the Windows 10 operating system first, then going onto the relevant websites to install the software for the BIOS. Is this entirely plausible?
The bios is preloaded on the motherboard. You won’t need an optical drive to install anything and I would actually advise against using one even if you had one. Typically the disc drivers are outdated anyway. Just install windows with a USB drive and go to the websites to download the drivers needed afterwards.

Mar 19, 2020
The bios is preloaded on the motherboard. You won’t need an optical drive to install anything and I would actually advise against using one even if you had one. Typically the disc drivers are outdated anyway. Just install windows with a USB drive and go to the websites to download the drivers needed afterwards.
I tried to access the BIOS before but it isn't showing up when I use F11 to load it up. Is it possible this is happening because my display ports are connected to the graphics card and not the motherboard, or some external reason? (i.e. Wrong/outdated shortcut, etc).
(I am using an MSI MPG x570 Gaming Plus)

I tried to access the BIOS before but it isn't showing up when I use F11 to load it up. Is it possible this is happening because my display ports are connected to the graphics card and not the motherboard, or some external reason? (i.e. Wrong/outdated shortcut, etc).
(I am using an MSI MPG x570 Gaming Plus)
What are your full system specs? Try using delete to get to bios but you shouldn’t need to get to the bios to install windows. The hard drive that you are installing windows to should be the only one hooked up until you get windows installed.

Mar 19, 2020
Also tried the delete and it didn't pop up unless I am supposed to hold it down for a certain length of time.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor with Wraith Prism LED Cooler
MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS Motherboard (AMD AM4, PCIe 4.0, DDR4, SATA 6Gb/s, M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2, HDMI, ATX)
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz C16 DDR4 DRAM Memory Kit – Black
Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 500GB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology (MZ-V7S500B/AM)
EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER XC GAMING, 8GB GDDR6, Dual HDB Fans, RGB LED, Metal Backplate, 08G-P4-3162-KR
Phanteks Pro M Series (PH-ES515PTG_BK) Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Case, Black
WD Blue 1TB PC Hard Drive - 7200 RPM Class, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache, 3.5" - WD10EZEX

Mar 19, 2020
Your processor (Ryzen 7 3700X) does not have integrated graphics so the display outputs of the motherboard will not function.

Motherboard Manual - MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus
According to the motherboard manual, pg 42, you need to use the DEL key to enter BIOS. Press it repeatedly before the POST screen appears.

-Wolf sends
Oh, that makes sense!
Also, I tried to press the DEL key multiple times but it isn't working. Is it possible I may have disabled anything by accident?

You video card will have it's own video port to plug your monitor cable into.
According to the manual when the MSI screen flashes on, there should be a message at the bottom of the screen saying Press DEL key to enter Setup Menu, F11 to enter Boot Menu; this is when you need to press the DEL key.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Is the monitor attached to the GPU? you haven't attached it to motherboard instead?

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - as suggested already.

You can install win 10 without a licence. When you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and once you get a licence key, you can go to settings/update & security/activation and enter the key there.

You shouldn't need to go into BIOS before installing on a brand new motherboard, it should be set up to boot off a USB/DVD without you needing to change anything.

You seem to have enough help in here, it sounds like you need actual help there (in person). I know I did the first time.

Mar 19, 2020
Is the monitor attached to the GPU? you haven't attached it to motherboard instead?

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - as suggested already.

You can install win 10 without a licence. When you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and once you get a licence key, you can go to settings/update & security/activation and enter the key there.

You shouldn't need to go into BIOS before installing on a brand new motherboard, it should be set up to boot off a USB/DVD without you needing to change anything.

You seem to have enough help in here, it sounds like you need actual help there (in person). I know I did the first time.
I did just that and downloaded Windows 10 on a sep USB, but for some reason nothing is turning on other than "power saving mode." I'm not sure if it's because of the keyboard I'm using, ports are bad//etc right now. You're definitely right though; this is more of a task to handle in person haha. I'm thinking now of connecting the DVD that comes with the motherboard to see if that does anything although it most likely will not from the advice I've been hearing.

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard – IP42 Dust and Water Resistance – 6 Programmable Macro Keys – Dedicated Media Keys - Detachable Palm Rest Included

Mar 19, 2020
You video card will have it's own video port to plug your monitor cable into.
According to the manual when the MSI screen flashes on, there should be a message at the bottom of the screen saying Press DEL key to enter Setup Menu, F11 to enter Boot Menu; this is when you need to press the DEL key.
I don't have that message at the bottom of my screen other than the power saving mode and the message below for some reason. I can send pictures if need be.

"There is no signal coming from your computer. Press any key on the keyboard or move the mouse button now to select the correct input source on the On-Screen Display menu."
I have three different cables connected: HDMI 2, DP, and mDP and keep switching back and forth to see if one worked. I also played around with the position of my keyboard and mouse to see if there was any response but none at all. Not sure if it's because of the type of keyboard I have, being a USB instead of a midi or some other factor.

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard – IP42 Dust and Water Resistance – 6 Programmable Macro Keys – Dedicated Media Keys - Detachable Palm Rest Included

I don't have that message at the bottom of my screen other than the power saving mode and the message below for some reason. I can send pictures if need be.

"There is no signal coming from your computer. Press any key on the keyboard or move the mouse button now to select the correct input source on the On-Screen Display menu."
I have three different cables connected: HDMI 2, DP, and mDP and keep switching back and forth to see if one worked.
So the real issue is you are not getting a signal to your monitor. From what I can see your Graphics card has DVI, DP (2) and HDMI plugs/ports. What plugs/ports does your monitor have?

Colif

Win 11 Master
pictures might help.
show us the messages you get on screen, plus take one of the back of PC where monitor is plugged in and also the monitor itself as asked about above, much easier to see problem with pictures,
upload them to an image sharing website (Like imgur) and share links here.