[SOLVED] Is it safe to keep my USB port powered even when the PC is off?

Jul 25, 2020
Hello, I own a MSi B450 Gaming Plus Max Motherboard, and I notice that only one of my USB ports are powered after I shut down my computer(USB Mouse plugged in and the lights are on even the pc is off). So I removed my USB mouse and plugged it in the other port, now the said powered port was unused now. I'm wondering to plug in any LED devices to that(Thinking maybe an LED clock that needs to stay on) so that it stays on even my computer is off, Is it safe to plug in any powered devices such as LED lamp,clock,lights, etc. to the said port? and just keep it powered?

Solution
Should be just fine, thats what those ports are designed to do.
Some people run small desk appliances from them (lights), others charge phones or other devices.

Just check your motherboard specs to see if you can determine how much power that port provides, to make sure its sufficient to run your device of choice.
Some people run small desk appliances from them (lights), others charge phones or other devices.

Just check your motherboard specs to see if you can determine how much power that port provides, to make sure its sufficient to run your device of choice.

Solution
Jul 25, 2020
Thank you

Ohhh thank you so much for that.
Isn't that gonna damage my motherboard or some sort?

TRENDING THREADS