is it the moitor or the video card

G

My e-mails, web pages all have text that is lined through or looks like part of the text is missing. Sometimes I just have a lines running through the page. These lines are the the color of what my background setting. My system is a viewsonic A70, GForce 256 DDR, PIII 650, Asus MB (P3B-F)128 memory, western digital HD. I have my monitor set 1024 x 768, refresh rate of 85, true color 32 Bpp, with small font (96 dpi). Anythoughts on how to get picture clear would be greatly appreciated?

G

I've seen driver conflicts do that. I had no other way to fix it but to backup my data, format and reinstall everything.

G

Check if it does the same thing in the BIOS. If not then it's not monitor. If it does, see if your monitor has a self test or OSD for adjustments. If either of those are fine cable could be bad or video out problem. See if you can borrow friends monitor or take yours to friends computer (assuming you have no spare computer or monitor). That'll help narrow it down. If it's just in text boxes with email and the like, try different font. Lot of things to try there, should point you in a direction to try stuff with.

"The answer is not in your hair."
"I'd rather jump in the lava than be fragged by you."

JoeHead

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Don't reinstall everything. Like the monitor swap idea. Reinstall the drivers you have (go back to VGA drivers first, ask if you don't know how). Try new drivers for vid card. Hell may need to install Outlook or whatever email prog you are running again. Lots and lots of options.

<b> Fragg at will!!! </b>

G

Yeah, spare parts are absolutely wonderful for troubleshooting. I usually would recommend trying another component if it's readily available anytime it looks like could be hardware failure.

"The answer is not in your hair."
"I'd rather jump in the lava than be fragged by you."

TRENDING THREADS