Question Is it too hot?

Jul 28, 2022
i just got a custom build pc 2 days ago it has an i9 12th 12900ks and a 3090 ti when I go to run vanguard and record my gameplay cuz I wanna start yt my cpu is in high 90c my game doesn’t freeze or lag just worried
CPU cooler is - Thermaltake Custom Flexible Tubing Water Cooling kit with 360mm Radiator, W4 CPU Block, D5 Reservoir+Pump
Idle temp- ranges sometimes it’s at 35 sometimes 50
Psu- 1200 Watts - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 1200W 80 PLUS Platinum w/ Ultra Quiet Smart Zero Fan Power Supply

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022
what the cpu cooler? what the idle temp?
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu
CPU cooler is - Thermaltake Custom Flexible Tubing Water Cooling kit with 360mm Radiator, W4 CPU Block, D5 Reservoir+Pump
Psu- 1200 Watts - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 1200W 80 PLUS Platinum w/ Ultra Quiet Smart Zero Fan Power Supply

i just got a custom build pc 2 days ago it has an i9 12th 12900ks and a 3090 ti when I go to run vanguard and record my gameplay cuz I wanna start yt my cpu is in high 90c my game doesn’t freeze or lag just worried

Hey there,

Whilst your CPU can run at those high temps, ideally you want it in the 65-75c range for standard gaming use. That your temps are so high, kinda push towards an issue with the loop, or bad placement of cooler (perhaps the screws aren't tight enough).

Given you have it two days, I'd send it right back for replacement/diagnosis, unless you are happy to check it yourself. Given it's a custom build you may void warranty if you attempt to fix this problem yourself.

Jul 28, 2022
Hey there,

Whilst your CPU can run at those high temps, ideally you want it in the 65-75c range for standard gaming use. That your temps are so high, kinda push towards an issue with the loop, or bad placement of cooler (perhaps the screws aren't tight enough).

Given you have it two days, I'd send it right back for replacement/diagnosis, unless you are happy to check it yourself. Given it's a custom build you may void warranty if you attempt to fix this problem yourself.
How would Ik what too look for to see if my cooler isn’t placed right