Sep 2, 2019
Hello as you probably guessed I think of getting a rx 570 gpu. Basically in my country that gpu is one of the cheapest of its kind, being more expensive only than the asrock 4gb and 8gb version. I will only play up to 1080p, but decided that this card will be more future proof, since it has 8gb vram. So if someone who had any experience with that card or just want to give me a piece of advice,feel free to write below. Thank you in advance.

Solution
Right now i am trying to come up with a pc to build and im thinking of getting r5 2600 cpu so i think they will match each other ok.

Oh heck yeah. The 2600 will easily let the RX 570 stretch its legs. For the price there is no better GPU. Although, if there is an RX 580 close to the same price you should go for that. If your budget is inflexible, the RX 570 would be a good choice. Honestly, just getting the cheapest RX 570 that you can, even the 4GB version will be just fine. Use the extra money someplace else in the build. There really isn't much need for the 8GB version. Anything that will use more than 4GB is going to perform poorly as the GPU won't be able to keep up. The only things that really use more than 4GB of VRAM...
The RX 570 is a fine GPU for 1080p gaming. What you are going to get out of it depends on your other hardware though. If you have anything slower than a Haswell (4000 series) i5 you could run into bottlenecks in some games. My desktop runs an i5 4590 and I've found that it is almost perfectly balanced with an OC RX 470, which is within 5% of the performance of the RX 570. In most games the GPU gives me great performance and is fully utilized while my CPU is around 80-90% utilized. A less powerful CPU would see the CPU 100% utilized and the GPU leaving some performance on the table. A more powerful CPU will allow you the ability to run tasks in the background or just make your system more resilient against slowdowns in case of a background task just running on its own.

Depends on the price difference between 4GB and 8GB cards.

I would say that for the resolutions (1080p) that the RX570 is geared toward, 8GB is unnecessary for the most part. I believe GamersNexus tested VRAM usage in a bunch of different games recently.

Sep 2, 2019
The RX 570 is a fine GPU for 1080p gaming. What you are going to get out of it depends on your other hardware though. If you have anything slower than a Haswell (4000 series) i5 you could run into bottlenecks in some games. My desktop runs an i5 4590 and I've found that it is almost perfectly balanced with an OC RX 470, which is within 5% of the performance of the RX 570. In most games the GPU gives me great performance and is fully utilized while my CPU is around 80-90% utilized. A less powerful CPU would see the CPU 100% utilized and the GPU leaving some performance on the table. A more powerful CPU will allow you the ability to run tasks in the background or just make your system more resilient against slowdowns in case of a background task just running on its own.
Right now i am trying to come up with a pc to build and im thinking of getting r5 2600 cpu so i think they will match each other ok.

Oh heck yeah. The 2600 will easily let the RX 570 stretch its legs. For the price there is no better GPU. Although, if there is an RX 580 close to the same price you should go for that. If your budget is inflexible, the RX 570 would be a good choice. Honestly, just getting the cheapest RX 570 that you can, even the 4GB version will be just fine. Use the extra money someplace else in the build. There really isn't much need for the 8GB version. Anything that will use more than 4GB is going to perform poorly as the GPU won't be able to keep up. The only things that really use more than 4GB of VRAM are VR gaming, 1440p or 4K gaming, or things like CAD work, and honestly the RX 570 isn't ideal for those uses anyways.

Solution
Sep 2, 2019
Depends on the price difference between 4GB and 8GB cards.

I would say that for the resolutions (1080p) that the RX570 is geared toward, 8GB is unnecessary for the most part. I believe GamersNexus tested VRAM usage in a bunch of different games recently.
Oh heck yeah. The 2600 will easily let the RX 570 stretch its legs. For the price there is no better GPU. Although, if there is an RX 580 close to the same price you should go for that. If your budget is inflexible, the RX 570 would be a good choice. Honestly, just getting the cheapest RX 570 that you can, even the 4GB version will be just fine. Use the extra money someplace else in the build. There really isn't much need for the 8GB version. Anything that will use more than 4GB is going to perform poorly as the GPU won't be able to keep up. The only things that really use more than 4GB of VRAM are VR gaming, 1440p or 4K gaming, or things like CAD work, and honestly the RX 570 isn't ideal for those uses anyways.
Hello and sorry for the late reply. At the end I stopped at sapphire nitro + rx 580 4 gb, because it is relatively cheap in my country and seems like a good choice for a slightly overclock and in general.

Reactions: justin.m.beauvais

TRENDING THREADS