JKD456

Prominent
Apr 25, 2020
I have a Corsair H100i Pro XT AIO cooler for my R5 5600x . Its set up as an exhaust at the top of my pc with 6 fans as intake.

Ive noticed that even when playing csgo im reaching temps over 70° at 4.5GHZ (POB)

I feel like thats a bit high. even at idel it can be between 40-60° for no reason.
The second some random windows task decides to do something it shoots up to almost 70° at 13% usage.

Even today my max temp has been 76° and all ive done is normal internet use and 1 game of csgo.

Is this normal or is my AIO potentially broken?

Solution
One small thing to check. In most AIO systems the pump speed is supposed to be fixed at its max all the time, while the rad FAN speeds are changed in response to CPU internal temperature readings. But there are some exceptions. Some systems allow you (or sometimes are set to do this themselves) to change the pump speed a bit as sort of a "ranging" adjustment. The idea is to set the pump speed so that the CPU cooling can be managed very effectively by using the full range of the fan speeds. To a major extent, IF your system does this, the "right" speed for the pump depends on what your average workload is.

I believe the iCUE software utility you use with the Corsair AIO systems has a feature to allow pump speed adjustment, with possibly...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
One small thing to check. In most AIO systems the pump speed is supposed to be fixed at its max all the time, while the rad FAN speeds are changed in response to CPU internal temperature readings. But there are some exceptions. Some systems allow you (or sometimes are set to do this themselves) to change the pump speed a bit as sort of a "ranging" adjustment. The idea is to set the pump speed so that the CPU cooling can be managed very effectively by using the full range of the fan speeds. To a major extent, IF your system does this, the "right" speed for the pump depends on what your average workload is.

I believe the iCUE software utility you use with the Corsair AIO systems has a feature to allow pump speed adjustment, with possibly three settings available. You might look through the iCUE screens and instructions to see how that is set now, and whether you should increase it. That MIGHT give more CPU cooling IF it actually needs more.

Solution
What utility are you using for your temp readings?

Yes
Icue does have a pump speed adjustment.

Open Icue

Then click on your cooler from the dashboard.

Click on Performance/ or monitoring.

Click on the pump
Then maybe back on the left click on performance or extreme and you should see the pump speed increase.

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
I have a Corsair H100i Pro XT AIO cooler for my R5 5600x . Its set up as an exhaust at the top of my pc with 6 fans as intake.

Ive noticed that even when playing csgo im reaching temps over 70° at 4.5GHZ (POB)

I feel like thats a bit high. even at idel it can be between 40-60° for no reason.
The second some random windows task decides to do something it shoots up to almost 70° at 13% usage.

Even today my max temp has been 76° and all ive done is normal internet use and 1 game of csgo.

Is this normal or is my AIO potentially broken?

Bit hot, but idle temps especially looks fine to me. Mine can hit 65 degrees C doing nothing when I left it on overnight. Gaming is lower, though, strange as it sounds. PBO seems to be more aggressive in boosting than stock.

As mentioned above, check and set pump speed, and I'd also check mounting pressure. While Zens do have high peak temps on "idle", shooting up that high and that quick sounds like the mounting pressure is bit weak.

Reactions: JKD456