anonsky

Commendable
Nov 9, 2021
When I first got my 6650 xt a few days back it kept stuttering, despite a full reinstall of windows and drivers, then it started utilizing less, on Cyberpunk 2077(before the Johnny Silverhand backflash I was getting 90-100% utilization but after that it went down all the way to 50% and below) it doesn't even utilize more than 50% most of the time.

I've tried reinstalling drivers, using old drivers, reseating it, trying one stick of ram, maxing out settings, overclocking and underclocking but nothing works. I have a ryzen 5 5500 which should be enough to power this GPU.

Reactions: madaraosenpai

mrmaruniversal

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2016
it's the xfx swft model, my PSU is the MSI MAG A650BN
I believe your GPU is fine, unless you are experiencing artifacting. Some games and cut scenes might not render the GPU at 100% util as its just not required, even by the game. But I could be wrong. Games such as GTA 5, on most of my high end machines never hit above 50% with max settings and advanced details at 1440p. But lower end cards such as my R9 Fury, most of the time hits 100% but even then that also dips depending on what I am doing. Shoot even my friends 4090 and my 7900XTX will hit 100% on Cyberpunk but most of the time sit at 80-87%. (Both games mentioned both got over 100fps, meaning it didn't relate to the util percentage) This is my personal take, I could be right or wrong. But to give you peace of mind, I believe your machine is just fine :)

Last edited:
Reactions: madaraosenpai

anonsky

Commendable
Nov 9, 2021
I believe your GPU is fine, unless you are experiencing artifacting. Some games and cut scenes might not render the GPU at 100% util as its just not required, even by the game. But I could be wrong. Games such as GTA 5, on most of my high end machines never hit above 50% with max settings and advanced details at 1440p. But lower end cards such as my R9 Fury, most of the time hits 100% but even then that also dips depending on what I am doing. Shoot even my friends 4090 and my 7900XTX will hit 100% on Cyberpunk but most of the time sit at 80-87%. (Both games mentioned both got over 100fps, meaning it didn't relate to the util percentage) This is my personal take, I could be right or wrong. But to give you peace of mind, I believe your machine is just fine :)
This doesn't address the stutter, Cyberpunk was running fine just a minute ago so why would it suddenly tank in fps frame time and utilization? Same thing with CONTROL, it runs fine for a while then suddenly high frame times and low FPS, makes zero sense. Other games don't tank in FPS but they do stutter a lot

Last edited: