Question Is my GPU or PSU failing ?

Feb 6, 2023
A few months ago I started having my pc give no output when playing games, weather is a cpu intensive game or gpu. My monitor would receive no video signal but my pc is still running, no sound.

I tried occt to check which part was the problem but I still can't figure it out, here's what I found so far:
If I run the cpu test everything works perfectly fine.
If I run 3D Standard test my display would go black, but if I underclock the gpu (GPU tuning -> Max Frequency: -10) the test would go without problems.The vram test doesn't show any problems no matter if the gpu is underclocked or not.
If I run the power test the display goes black.

I believe it's because my PSU might be dying, but I'd rather get another opinion if someone can give me one.
Thank you!

My setup:
-CPU:i3 10100f
-GPU:RX 570, 4gb
-Mobo:Asrock h510m-hvs
-Ram:CORSAIR Vengeance RGB, 16 GB

Feb 6, 2023
Alright, I just tried a gt 1030. All of the tests worked, including the power one. After puting back the rx 570 everything seems to be working fine so far.Maybe it was a problem with the driver

Feb 6, 2023
This one would be my pick.

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Super Flower Leadex III Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($84.99 @ Newegg Sellers)
Total: $84.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-02-07 09:15 EST-0500

Ahh, unlucky, it doesn't seem to deliver to eastern europe, and can't seem to find them at any store here. Some popular at a store in my country are Seasonic G12 GC Series, 80 PLUS® Gold, 550Wat at 95$ and the Corsair RMx Series™ RM550x, 80 PLUS® Gold, 550W, Fully Modular at 80$

Feb 6, 2023
Yeah, it lasted for a bit but the problem is back. One thing I noticed is that the psu fan spins very fast when the black screen happens. I'm gonna update this if the problem is fixed for good after chaning the psu

TRENDING THREADS