Question Is my Graphics card bad?

Jan 17, 2023
Hello!

I have some issues with my former gaming computer that just been laying around for a couple of years. When last used there was no particular problems other than a little old.
Its running on a B85 G-43 gaming motherboard with a GTX 970 on it.

The issue i got when setting it back up was that i couldnt update the Nvidia. So i went to the Device Mangager and i couldnt find it there, i only found the on-board Intel GPU.
So i get a screen when i have the DVI plugged into the motherboard but black screen when plugging it to the GPU.

Ive scanned all the tutorials on how to get back missing GPUs in the Device manager, reset BIOS and ive tried plug out the GPU from the motherboard and back in and ive even tried a different power supply. Nothing seems to work...
(I also did a new installation of w10 on it)

Have the GPU just gone faulty or do you guys think of some other issue?

Thx for help =)

Jan 17, 2023
What is the make/model of your power supply? Also, have you tried removing the 970 and re-inserting it into the motherboard?

The first one that was in was a G550M and the one i tried after was a VS550. Yeah i tried remove it and put it back in, nothing changed. And since i changed PSU i tried different cables aswell

Jan 17, 2023
Have you tried the other PCIe slot on your mobo?

And what about removing the CMOS battery for 10 mins and/or restoring the defult setting in BIOS? (in no particular order)

There was no other room on the mobo for the GPU otherwise that was my plan! Ive tried restore to defult settings in bios yes! I Just tried the battery tho but it didnt work

There was no other room on the mobo for the GPU otherwise that was my plan! Ive tried restore to defult settings in bios yes! I Just tried the battery tho but it didnt work

This "https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B85-G43-GAMING/Specification" is yours right?, it says on the spec page:

Slots
1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 slots, supports up to PCIe 3.0 x16 speed
• 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 slot, supports up to PCIe 2.0 x4 speed

• 2 x PCIe 2.0 x1 slots
• 3 x PCI slots

Far as I know there should be another PCIe slot to plug in the card, at least that what the website show.

Perhaps someone else can input on this? (confirm or deny)